Jesus was annointed. carmel

• onacruse
    onacruse

carmel:

Jesus was annointed.

Please elaborate.

• orbison11
    orbison11

well when i became a jw in the late 70's, there was one for sure in the cong

crazy as a loon,,she had her special lawn chair with pillows in the front,,looked like a crazy cat lady and i am sure now that she was just plain off her rocker

but who were they to question the annointed

orb

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    outoftheboxRe: Are the Anointed real?

Post 106 of 108
    since 07-Sep-07

The Matrix make them real.

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID THAT ANY BETTER. ACTUALLY I COULD ...the matrix makeS them real ;-)

• tula
    tula

*** w76 2/1 p. 76 "Keep Doing This in Remembrance of Me" ***

Occasionally there are some former partakers who have come to realize that their relationship to God is not that of an anointed son. They

So what is this...NO GIRLS ALLOWED?

Most western religions are patriarchal. This religion is truly misogynistic.

Does anyone know ...were there different "requirements" of proof for male or female?

Were any of annointed reproved or maybe picked on because of skeptics? Or did their drinking at memorial act as insulation to make others back off and leave them alone because they were "more special"?

How do you think an "annointed" knows that he is annointed?

Just curious.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I am in agreement with what greendawn stated:

Biblically there aren't two classes of Christians as the JWs claim but there is only one faith, one Lord and one body or Church. All Christians should be part of the New Covenant and adopted by God through the Holy Spirit so as to be sons and inheritors rather than servants as were the Jews under the Mosaic Covenant. Otherwise there is no salvation possible.

The JW separation of Christians into two classes one superior to the other is a crude, way out cultic deception based on the gross misinterpretation of a couple of verses, the other sheep who are in fact the gentile Christians as opposed to the Jewish ones and the Great Crowd who are in fact another way of presenting the members of the one and only Christian church and not some supposedly inferior christians.

I can only add, in reply to tula's post:

So what is this...NO GIRLS ALLOWED? Most western religions are patriarchal. This religion is truly misogynistic.Does anyone know ...were there different "requirements" of proof for male or female?Were any of annointed reproved or maybe picked on because of skeptics? Or did their drinking at memorial act as insulation to make others back off and leave them alone because they were "more special"?How do you think an "annointed" knows that he is annointed? Just curious.

that being anointed means being annointed by Holy Spirit.

All those, male or female, who put faith in God, pray in faith for His Holy Spirit and strive to obey His instruction are annointed by His Holy Spirit. And all those who are are to partake of the bread and the wine as symbols of Christ's flesh and blood, in recognition of it's redeeming power and acceptance of the New Covenant.

BA

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Are the anointed real ......yes as real as the human imagination and the desires of men !

It is an intensional human trait in most of us to be something greater than the usual in developing are personal identity in context of are social living.

Thats why there will continue to be persons who will proclaim to be of the anointed class as long as the JWS are in operation.

Since the JWS. is not god's organization under his direction there is absolutely no chance that the so called anointed would ever by formed

from them. Perhaps they may have intensionally used the 144,000 scenario as part of their marketing ploy to cull more sales.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Disjointed, yes! Anointed, No!

Ian

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Its a strange one because according to witless dogma it is the 144 000 who are the faithful and discreet slave who give out food at the proper time, and yet the borg dont keep records of who is supposed to be one, and take no specific note of them. And the witing committee are mainly if not exclusively the 'other sheep'.

The annointed therefore have no hand at all in the dispensation of food at the proper time, and yet it is this very foundation that gives the borg its supposed direct link to god - because he came to earth and found his faithful and discreet slave doing what it was supposed to in 1914, and appointed them over all his belongings.

Also all the annointed I know have been completely batty. Its the one area the borg cant control because there is no way of testing or proving who IS and who ISNT - its just who ever decides they are one. And IMO the people who decide they are one are fom the same class of people (not JW's) who think they were Napoleon or Cleopatra in a previous life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit