Disturbing news regarding Arctic Melting.

by sweetstuff 42 Replies latest jw friends

• chappy
    chappy

" The sun's own orbit, he found, has eight characteristic patterns, all determined by Jupiter's position relative to Saturn, with the other planets playing much lesser roles. Some of these eight have orderly orbits, smooth and near-circular. During such orbits, solar activity is high and Earth heats up. Some of the eight orbits are chaotic, taking a loop-the-loop path. These orbits correspond to quiet times for the sun, and cool periods on Earth. Every 179 years or so, the sun embarks on a new cycle of orbits. One of the cooler periods in recent centuries was the Little Ice Age of the 17th century, when the Thames River in London froze over each winter. The next cool period, if the pattern holds, began in 1996, with the effects to be felt starting in 2010. Some predict three decades of severe cold ."

Slightly off topic but it's very interesting that this is pure astrology...that evil practise conjured up by pagans, according to all of the religious community. Astrology of course can be practised by quacks as evident in the daily newspaper astrology charts, however the above data is verifyable scientific evidence. I wonder if the Borg considers this info as demonic and off limits?

chappy

• BrentR
    BrentR

Only if they can't twist it around for thier doctrinal brainwashing.

• Kudra
    Kudra

BrentR

I did read your articles- (I even looked up the Rhodes Fairbridge guy's hypothesis) -I am familiar with the temperature story from when it happened and have read it from a few sources -I see it is in a news article... but that doesn't change the facts that the global average was not affected- and the trend that matters is the global average, not local temps. (this is also true in the case of local warmer temps such as Greenland etc). Whether earth is warming or not can only be seen when a global average is examined.

Sorry for saying it was blog-related but I have heard it from many denier blogs... and it irks me when folks just cut n paste. In "debate" style topics sometimes people just put pages and pages of some article that they think backs them up and they don't even understand it, they just put in a bunch of stuff from people that hold their own opinion.

What are your thoughts about the current warming? How do you understand what climatologists are saying- agree? disagree? (I actually am interested).

-K

• Kudra
    Kudra

p.s.- from what I have read on RW Fairbridge, he says that planetary orbits are affecting solar output. Apparently there are theories like these that come around every so often but he looks to be best known for his science textbooks- on geology, physics. It seems that there are quite a few (peer reviewed) scientific journal articles showing that his planetary/solar theories couldn't really work.

• 5go
    5go

Why is it the AGW group always sounds like they are giving the cookie jar defence.

There is no global warming.

Even if there was global warming it's natrual.

Even if it was man made it's the developing third world country's fault.

Even if it was the developed world's fault doing something would destroy the west's economies.

• Kudra
    Kudra

AGW usually = anthropogenic greenhouse warming

you're saying anti-global-warming?

(just being a nit-picker)

:)

• Armageddon Dad
    Armageddon Dad

It's been decreasing in size the last ice age. But this is only new to the doom and gloom soothsayers.

• BrentR
    BrentR

This is not the first time the arctic sea has opened up. The ice thickness has only been monitored from space since 1972. In 1905 a Norwegian explorer navigated it in a seven man wooden sailboat.

"on October 11, 1942. St. Roch was the second ship to make the passage, and the first to travel the passage from west to east. In 1944, St. Roch returned to Vancouver via the more northerly route of the Northwest Passage, making her run in 86 days"

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/09/09/reports-record-arctic-ice-melt-disgracefully-ignore-history

Historicaly it looks like the ice melts and the Arctic sea opens up every 40-50 years.

p.s.- from what I have read on RW Fairbridge, he says that planetary orbits are affecting solar output. Apparently there are theories like these that come around every so often but he looks to be best known for his science textbooks- on geology, physics. It seems that there are quite a few (peer reviewed) scientific journal articles showing that his planetary/solar theories couldn't really work.

How do explain the warming that is being measured on mars?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

• 5go
    5go
    you're saying anti-global-warming?

Yes, the people that think there is no global warming, and global warming is a global conspiracy theorist types.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    I know, I know, someone is going to say, there is no proof that global warming is real, or that its man-made.

Wow, another Global Warming thread.

Global Warming is currently being observed. However, it has occured before.

Global Cooling is not currently being observed. However, it has occured before.

Mankind has little, if anything, to do with it.

It is natural cycle.

Therefore, mankind can do little, if anything, to prevent it.

Global Cooling may* eventually occur and reverse the Global Warming trend, as it has done before, but don't count on it anytime soon.

This has been beat to death before:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/130204/1.ashx

BA- Expect expansion of the tropics and the deserts. Perhaps the absence or near absence of ice on the poles and mountains (potential sea-level rise of 200+ feet should that occur). Prepare for coastal and low-lying flooding.

PS- Sell, don't buy, low-lying and coastal real-estate.

*- Perhaps this is the beginning of the fulfillment of these scriptures:

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!" -2 Peter 3: 10-12

"The fourth angel poured out his bowl upon the sun, and it was given to it to scorch men with fire. Men were scorched with fierce heat; and they blasphemed the name of God who has the power over these plagues, and they did not repent so as to give Him glory." -Revelation 16:8-9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit