Getting married too young

by freedomfighter 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Luka
    Luka

yup, which is why many manage to produce a basketball team size families before even learning how to use condoms.

No wonder the next generation is then even more damaged than the previous one.

• monophonic
    monophonic

when i was 'in' there was even more to it than that.

once you had the hots for anyone, as a guy, the father of the witness girl would be up your ass with 'what are your intentions', the elders would be up your ass with all these minute rules, especially if you're in good standing, and it really messes with your head.

one dumb-ass elder, when i was 19 and had only dated a girl a couple of times, said we were ready to get married and didn't understand why we weren't engaged yet. same elder married his wife when he was a teen and cheated on her, leaving his daughter and wife, and is dfed now. me, i waited years later and am still married to the right person.

the pattern was repeated with other girls i dated, everyone was up my ass for a couple of months and when they felt "safe" that i wasn't going to dump her in the back of a pickup and drive to mexico, we'd finally date a couple of times and i'd realize i wanted nothing to do with the girl.

it's hard to see beyond when you're so young and supposed authority figures are pressuring you from all sides.

for some reason, even when i was young, i always knew, just have sex and get dfed for a year if you need to, but don't get into a marriage that's doomed before it has started. don't know where that reasonable thought came from when i was in the cloud of propaganda, but it was there and saved my ass....then blossomed into getting out completely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit