Why do bible thumpers have to immagine a God who test.

by jaguarbass 58 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And why does God make the test last a person's whole lifetime? Just to prove a point, He causes people to suffer their whole lives, creating distress for uninvolved people, and wastes people's potential. And, by the way, cutting some lives short in their prime with horrible diseases. All for nothing more than to prove a fxxxing point.

ALMIGHTY TYRANT, BAGHEAD, GOD:
    YOU'RE FIRED!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yeah, if God were a human parent social services would have taken us all away from him by now.

Cog (I want to go to a foster home!)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Because they don't want to take responsibilty for their lives - they want to shift the responsibilty onto someone else - who better than a god that doesn't respond.

For the record I do believe in God - my beliefs are totally mine and I'm pretty much frowned upon by regular christians.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Yeah, I always test those I love to make sure they still love me. How else would I know for sure?

It makes for such a wonderful relationship, keeps them on their toes.

Spontaneous ass kissing after they have proven themselves worthy of my love has always been the most sincere form of respect that I could ask from my mate.

Especially the people I love the most - like my kids. How on earth would I know my daughter loved me if I didnt keep letting her go through unnecessary and manufactured crap that she need not go through other than to massage my fragile ego that she still loved me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Free Will.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think some believe the tests are necessary because they envy those who don't have to live by their strict tenets. They simply can't accept that they are doing all this "extrta work" for the same reward that everyone else receives.

You're thinking like a JW Abandoned. Christians don't view what they do as "extra work".

Burn

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well the bible says he wont allow you to bear more than you can handle, and for me that rings true. I have had alot of negative things happen to me in my life, some people would chalk it up to bad luck, I believe that he has allowed me to experience these things for a reason.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What a crock of crap. Yeah, I always test those I love to make sure they still love me. How else would I know for sure?

It is a crock of crap erynw. And it is not a mainstream Christian belief.

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone

God has no need to test us to know what we are. He already knows everything.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

And why does God make the test last a person's whole lifetime? Just to prove a point, He causes people to suffer their whole lives, creating distress for uninvolved people, and wastes people's potential. And, by the way, cutting some lives short in their prime with horrible diseases. All for nothing more than to prove a f xxx ing point.

ALMIGHTY TYRANT, BAGHEAD, GOD:
    YOU'RE FIRED!

God chuckles, smiles, and ruffles WTWizard's head.

This plane of existence isn't all of life, WTWizard.

Don't worry, you'll figure it out before the end (you're actually closer to me than you realize), the final outcome is never in doubt.

Burn

• erynw
    erynw
    God has no need to test us to know what we are.

Really, could of fooled me!

Jeremiah 12:3
    Yet you know me, O LORD; you see me and test my thoughts about you. Drag them off like sheep to be butchered! Set them apart for the day of slaughter!

2 Chronicles 32:31But when envoys were sent by the rulers of Babylon to ask him about the miraculous sign that had occurred in the land, God left him to test him and to know everything that was in his heart.

Ecclesiastes 3:18
    I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit