Anyone watch Paranormal State last night?

by lovelylil 7 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

If you did, what do you think about it?

I don't know if it will be as good as ghost hunters but I did a little research on it. There is a real club at Penn State that center around learning about the paranormal. That is where the idea for the show sprung from.

I wondered though watching this last night how much of it was staged acting and how much was real? Unlike ghost hunters where most of the experiences are debunked quickly because Jason and Grant remain skeptical, this show seems to go into it already believeing there is paranormal activity. Some of the cases seemed more like family problems than ghosts problems although there was some opening of doors and footsteps.

What do you guys think? Lilly

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah....I watched it...or I guess I should say it was "on". I was trying to finish writing the last of the Christmas cards on our list, but I wasn't paying close attention to the show. What I was thinking was that it seemed as if they had covered as much in the promos about it than they did on the actual program! Like I said---I wasn't actually watching all that closely---but I can't say I was all that impressed with it.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I heard about it, and did some research on that Penn State club, and then looked at the capsules for the double episode debut, and a review.

I didn't watch, because from what I saw, it was not going to be scientific enough of a show to be any good. My thought was it should have been more like that great show Mythbusters, but it is not going to be.

It looks like an Abercrombie and Fitch version of Scooby Doo instead.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OH yeah I forgot to watch it, catching up on my Ballykissangel DVDs

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think people see what they want to see, for whatever dishonest reasons they are looking.

I think the paranormal is kind of like God you cant put it in a bottle and quantify it.

For some its good entertainment, The thinking persons answer to Nascar.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I thought the show was idiotic. How can you claim to be a "skeptic" then say you performed a Catholic exorcism? Ha what a joke. Then I really enjoy how he is being stalked by a demon? Are you kidding me?? Then you can't say his name but you flash it all over the screen? Uh yea I'll take Ghost Hunters over this garbage any day.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I saw the first one. I think they should extend it to an hour. And the narrator's voice was kinda cooky. They seemed to help that little boy not be so scared, which was great. I am a HUGE Ghost Hunters fan. No one can compare to Jason and Grant.

momz

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with all you guys. The show seemed so fake and it did remind me of scooby doo. My daughter who is only 15 agreed. I'll take ghost hunters over this show any day. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit