Key JW phrases not found in the bible

by Abandoned 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The JW have so many phrases that are not found in the bible but that they spout as though they were deathly important. Here's one:

You have to keep up with present truth.

I always hated that saying.

Can you think of any?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually "present truth" is found in a non-jw Bible and was used during Russell's time.

<< 2 Peter 1:12 >>

New American Standard Bible(©1995)
    Therefore, I will always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you.

GOD'S WORD® Translation(©1995)
    Therefore, I will always remind you about these qualities, although you already know about them and are well-grounded in the truth that you now have.

King James Bible
    Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

American Standard Version
    Wherefore I shall be ready always to put you in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and are established in the truth which is with you .

Bible in Basic English
    For this reason I will be ready at all times to keep your memory of these things awake, though you have the knowledge of them now and are well based in your present faith.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    For which cause I will begin to put you always in remembrance of these things: though indeed you know them, and are confirmed in the present truth.

Darby Bible Translation
    Wherefore I will be careful to put you always in mind of these things, although knowing them and established in the present truth.

English Revised Version
    Wherefore I shall be ready always to put you in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and are established in the truth which is with you.

Tyndale New Testament
    Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you allways in remembrance of such things, though that ye know them yourselves and be also stablished in the present truth.

Weymouth New Testament
    For this reason I shall always persist in reminding you of these things, although you know them and are stedfast believers in truth which you already possess.

Webster's Bible Translation
    Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and are established in the present truth.

World English Bible
    Therefore I will not be negligent to remind you of these things, though you know them, and are established in the present truth.

Young's Literal Translation
    Wherefore, I will not be careless always to remind you concerning these things, though, having known them, and having been established in the present truth,

• blondie
    blondie

organization

governing body

• sir82
    sir82

pioneer

circuit overseer

invisible presence

blood fraction

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Field service report

happifying

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

District overseer

Kingdom Hall

Watchtower study

book study

Sylvia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Jehovah" is not in the New Testament of any other English Bibles.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think it is often misused in a temporal (i.e. the truth that exists at this present time) sense, rather than the spatial sense that occurs in the actual text. So "current truth", for instance, has been used as a term: "It is foolish not to keep up to date with current truth, and dangerous to push ahead of it" (Watchtower, 7/1/1995, p. 6).

Here are some terms that don't occur in scripture:

Theocratic

Materialized (body)

Organization

Circuit Overseer

Judicial Committee

Channel (of Commnication)

Stream of time

Advertise

Baptismal candidate

Governing Body

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Something taught by the JW's is the expression, "Jehovah's Theocratic Kingdom " this is not written in the Bible . That is the answer to give them when they say the word Trinity is not in the Bible.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Here is one dating back to Rutherford's time. " Please stop your dog from cocking it's leg up on my gramaphone."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit