Scamed on Ebay

by noni1974 40 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

WAC it shows on pay-pal as a refund but I don't have any money in the account.At least not yet.Myabe it takes a day or two to show up?? I don't know.

I'll PM you the name.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I just checked my pay-pal account again and now it says my refund has been put back on my card.However I haven't gotten it yet because I checked my card balance and I have nothing on it.I used a pre paid visa as I do with all my non face to face transactions.It might take a day or two to show up.I'll be watching for it like a hawk.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I don't think I'll be dealing with ebay anymore after this.

Sorry for your troubles on the bay noni it can happen but don't let it sour you to the whole e-Bay experience. I've bought quiet a few items on eBay and I've always checked out the seller first before I even make a bid no matter how good the buy may seem to me if the seller isn't reputable forget it! I've never been burned for anything and I've gotten some pretty expensive things off eBay too.

What you've been told from 144001 is true and you also need to keep in mind that eBay tracks you as a buyer and sellers rate you as well so you don't want to soil your buyers rep with them either. Do whatever it takes to work out an amicable end to the deal.

As far as shipping they should have insured it and that is a point of dispute for you to put on your feedback with that seller for sure. As a seller you can charge a customer a higher shipping price than the one you actually pay because it's just worked into eBay's shipping like that, but you must abide by what you say in regard to insurance and whatever else the buyer agrees to with shipping upgrades. Some of the seller's sell their stuff cheap and actually make up for the price of it with the shipping break-even kinda thing and it's all fine with eBay and it's fine with the US Postal too.

I hope it all turns out well for you.

• noni1974
    noni1974

My money got put back on my visa today.I've decided to buy something else with it.I really wanted a saphire ring for christmas but I'll get myself that next year when money's not as tight as it is now.I'm going to send the ring back Monday.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

sorry to hear that noni ...

here is one for you ... i hope you like it

alt

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am glad your money got put back on your Visa.....and everything turned out in your favor!

hugs,

Annie

• horrible life
    horrible life

If it was a bulk seller, then he may have been self insuring the ring. Don't know if it is allowed though. He may have a hundred of them, and if by chance you call to say you didn't get it, He just reaches in, and gets another one.

Since he refunded you the money, without you sending it back first, it sounds like this is the case, that he has a pile of them.

I have bought loads on ebay, and only had one small problem. A broken bracelet, I procrastinated and didn't send it back, but it was only 8 dollars total.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i use ebay almost daily.i sell items and sometimes buy as well.only had 1 bad experiance,and i think that she might have been crazy..someone earlier on this thread said it best,know your seller.check their ratings..a good seller,w/hundreds or even thousands of feedbacks,wont risk a negative feedback for a few bux...and if you are unhappy w/an item.COMMUNICATE!!!!tell the seller,dont just give them a bad feedback,or worse yet,just suck it up..tell the world what you need,and chances are it'll work out..if you need any help,you can pm me.ive been ebaying for 6 years, taught dozens of people how to do it,and pretty much make my living doing it..only 1 negative feedback in all of that time.and i still say that she was either under or over medicated..good luck!!!!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

also,sometimes,if a ring has been sized a huge amount,the mark could get wiped out...

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Noni --

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I had one where a Christmas gift turned out to be plastic trash. I sent it back but never got a refund. It happens, but not often. I've had less than 1% bad deals, buying or selling, on eBay. That's better than ordering out of any catalog.

I've gotten some fantastic deals, like the book I received last week. You take your chances, but I've rarely been anything other than totally delighted with the eBay experience.

So don't give up yet!

SusanHere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit