Michael Jackson still a JW!

by ShaunaC 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Last night on one of the entertainment magazines shows they said that Michael Jackson just gave an interview to TV Guide. In it he says he is still a JW and still goes door to door in disguise. I had heard a rumour recently that he still donated a lot of money to the Society but had no clue he still claimed to be one. Do you think the Society will speak out against his affiliation and risk loss of his cash? Yeah, me neither!

Shauna

• fodeja
    fodeja
    he says he is still a JW and still goes door to door in disguise.

"Trick or treat"?

f.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Does he disguise himself as a black male? No one would recognize him that way.

• Amazing
    Amazing

False: Michael Jackson was called into a JC meeting in southern California in the mid-1980s. He elected to Disassociate himself. He was earlier Publicly Reproved for the film "Thriller." My source is one of the Elders from Michael's congregation. Since that time, Michael is reportedly a member of the Church of Scientology the same as John Travolta. Scientology is yet another cult, but a far more expensive one. I saw the same TV show that you did, and noted that their information is about 15 years old.

Prince, a Michael Jackson copy-cat recently became a JW, and has changed some of his lyrics and songs to be more proactive toward the Paradise Earth belief. - Amazing

• openminded
    openminded

I can see where he would be inclined to donate to an organization that protects pedophiles. Seems to be a perfect fit.

• Tina
    Tina

ahh Michael Jackson,the face that launched a thousand quips......T

Jehovahs Witnesses,Proudly Serving Their Corporate Masters!

• joelbear
    joelbear

What do you say if Michael Jackson comes to your door with a Watchtower?

Beat It.

What do you say if Michael Jackson asks what you think of the governing body?

Smooth Criminals

What do you say if Michael Jackson asks you what you think of Watchtower teachings?

Off the Wall

• DIM
    DIM

prince is not a michael jackson rip off. he can never equal off the wall / thriller era MJ, but his music stands on its own.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK, who has the real poop on this?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• AMarie
    AMarie

Speaking of the infamous Jackson family, a couple of months ago, Janet did an interview with the magazine Redbook in which she discusses her failed second marriage. As you know, Janet was also brought up a JW, which she stated in the article.

She didn't outrightly blame the strict JW policy on dating only for marriage as the reason her marriages failed, but she did state that that was why she married the only two men she had every dated, which did play a role in the failures. She then went on to say that by not dating around, she never really got to know herself and what she liked.

I found her words so true. Growing up, I saw alot of my Witness friends get married at ages 18 & 19 because they wanted to avoid immorality. However, I ended up hearing quite a few of them say at one time or another that they wish they hadn't married so young. A few even said that if they had it to do over again, they may not have married their mate! I find it very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit