Michael Jackson still a JW!

by ShaunaC 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Amazing,
    What I previously thought to be true was exactly the info you brought out. That's why I was so surprised that he would still make claim to being a JW. Guess I gotta go get that TV Guide!

• waiting1
    waiting1

Howdy Amazing,

Prince, a Michael Jackson copy-cat recently became a JW, and has changed some of his lyrics and songs to be more proactive toward the Paradise Earth belief. - Amazing

He now sings rock songs about God's killing 99.9% of the people on the earth - therefore making a Paradise Earth for Jehovah's Witnesses and mentally unstable (at least until the resurrection)?

Betcha that little diddy will make him a bundle!

waiting

• Black Man
    Black Man

MJ is NOT a JW. In fact the only active witness in that family is Rebbie who is a pioneer and her hubby is an elder. The mother, Katherine, still professes to be a JW but is irregular/inactive......

• Mum
    Mum

I heard a long time ago that MJ had DA'd himself. I did watch a Michael Jackson marathon last weekend, which turned out to be a film about the Jackson family. Joseph, the dad of all the Jackson kids (now adults) should have been arrested and locked up for good. What a brutal, narcissistic, bullying child abuser! Joseph, according to the film, eventually also cheated on his wife (no surprise there).

I don't know why any of those kids would want any part of a religion their parents professed because both parents are such losers!

Regards,
    Mum

• arachnia
    arachnia

Here's an interesting article he did for Beliefnet earlier this year, in which it seems that he is leaning towards Judaism. He also talks about his JW childhood.

[url] http://www.beliefnet.com/frameset.asp?boardID=8294&pageloc=/story/56/story_5697_1.html[/url]

Cheers,
    ~arachnia

Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."
    -Kahlil Gibran

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Here's the article about JaRule. Also raised a witness:
    . http://www.beliefnet.com/frameset.asp?boardID=6041&pageloc=/story/45/story_4551_1.html

One quote from the article:

But when I got older, I start hearing lots of this about Jehovah's Witness, the people I used to go to the Hall with. Such and such son just went to jail, she was selling drugs and not this regular-family s--t going on. You know, regular human problems, brother such and such hit his wife and he's getting demoted from being an elder now. I'm seeing all these things happening in the Christian churches too. So now I'm looking at it as, you know, it's not just the Christian religion. The Jehovah's Witness used to make it seem that all the outside religion is f---ed up and they're the best religion. But it's not everyone else, it's you too. I mean, everybody has their problems, because we are all human.

closer

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Closer, thanks for that info on JaRule. I did not know that he was raised a JW.

BTW, if that pic really is you....you are amazingly gorgeous!!!

Shauna

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace to you all... and a bit of M. Jackson 'trivia':

Apparently, "Thriller" was NOT the reason for MJ's disassociation. Thriller was already contracted and in the process of filming when he was first approached regarding his 'material'. The video that pushed things over the edge was the one where he is a gangster type, with a machine gun (I can't remember the name, but he wore a white suit). He was contracted to do THAT video... but production had yet begun... and in order to be able to proceed and not go back on his word... while not 'causing reproach'... he voluntarily disassociated himself.

HOWEVER... his disassociation over the video was the not cause of his ultimate 'break' from the BELIEFS of the organization: it was his profession of being ANOINTED... which the elders in his congregation... would not hear of... saying if he WAS 'anointed' (which he couldn't have been due to his age anyway, according to them), he would not be in the line of work he was in, that no 'true' anointed one would.

Michael was never able to 'resolve' within himself that he was not who he professed to be, regardless of his choice of occupation, and so could no longer subscribe to the 'teachings' of the WTBTS.

I speak truth to you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

ShaunaC - It's Ashley Judd

closer

• one
    one

Did you dance his music?

Some of the hits still have the power to move me to the dancing floor.

dancing is better than jogging, more fun too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit