Why are so many so hard on RR?

by zack 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I don't think anyone is in a position to be hard on RR. I mean its not like he pulled a "trevor" . Geez, he may have lied about a job. He's young, if he did lie, which I kinda think he did, but I don't "know", big whoopy dee doo. I mean, holy crap people, seriously, do we not have bigger fish to fry than to bust the chops of a young guy for something he 'may' have lied about which has nothing to do with this forum? Ok, tell him to learn from it, ok say, I am not impressed, whatever.

But don't be bitching at the guy for having a weight issue, or saying you were loved here and now you are worthless. His knowledge no doubt helped many to see the light. This is has been like watching a judicial committee, do we reprove him? Do we Df him? FFS! Did he defraud anyone of their money? NO, he didn't. Did he possibly tell some fibs about his job? Maybe. Did he give a faulty tattoo to anyone here? Not to my knowledge.

If someone online offends you that deeply, hurts you that deeply when they have NO connection to your real life whatsoever that you are totally outraged and disgusted...the problem isn't them, its you, for allowing yourself to get that deeply involved. IMO

• Kudra
    Kudra

I think because he is outspoken about how great his life is because he is doing his own thing and being true to himself.

In theory he would be so against telling lies oneself to people to make them think that one is more that what they actually are.

I have dropped off reading the RR story after about 8 pages... but I think he:

-Said he worked with this "cool" piercing guy, and showed his picture online (which I guess is a lie, the guy saw the pic here... oops!)

-Said he was a bouncer at a club (I guess that was a lie too??)

-Said he got thrown in jail cause of an altercation at the club to do with being a bouncer -when actually he got thrown in jail cause of some money problems at his Target job... (I think this is the right story- someone correct me if it isn't...)

So I guess cause of his attitude about how important it is to be yourself etc etc that these lies are so annoying...

I myself don't really care too much but I think it's a lame and immature thing to have done...

-K

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    -Said he worked with this "cool" piercing guy, and showed his picture online (which I guess is a lie, the guy saw the pic here... oops!)

Oops, I posted the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/132539/1.ashx

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

Oh little Richie Rich. I like the kid. he has balls. john

• Kudra
    Kudra

Nos,

sorry - I thought he was the one that posted the link... well, I guess the guy saw his name here...

-K

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I neither like or dislike the guy, I do however adhere to a certain message board code. Which is DO NOT LIE AND MAKE YOUR SELF LOOK TO BE ULTRA COOL WHEN YOU ARE NOT. When you get busted and you look like a dweeb for it, well HA HA HA on you. A thing sort of like this happened to me. I was running a myspace account for a band, another girl had started it but didn't have much time with it. She claimed to know the lead singer and I was helping run it, when she said to post something I did it. Well one day I go to the band's official site and they are blasting the myspace page saying they have nothing to do with it and blah blah blah. Well I emailed the webmaster and he verified that she had nothing to do with it. I posted a message on myspace saying I was posting on good faith and I APOLOGIZED for anyone that felt wronged or mislead. Then I went on the message board and explained my side of the story with the E-Mails verifying it. That's all that needs to be done here. Almost everyone seems to be in love with and wouldn't care if he just came out and said he lied. Me on other hand am judgmental and would forever think he was lame, unless I met him in person. One person mentioned he emailed this explaining things and saying, "no one would believe me anyways". Well that may be the case but people would certainly show him more "respect" if he did tell his side. I wouldn't believe him though.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "sorry - I thought he was the one that posted the link... well, I guess the guy saw his name here..."

Don't apologize, I was being sarcastic... and posting the link too! :)

On a side note, no more quote thingies. IE has crashed about 200 times last week, and has crashed once on me today. Opera all the way!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Hard on him? On the contrary, I'll go visit him tomorow at his shop and payfor that visegrip & torch special! 7th photo at:

http://www.fakir.org/classes/instructors.html

• zack
    zack

Thanks all. I need to keep up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit