Anyone else here with ADD/ADHD?

by proplog2 67 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

I have had this problem all my life. I have a child that also has it. Since people with ADHD have a problem fitting into organizations do you think it may be one of the reasons why you just couldn't take the JW's any more. Initially, I think JW's attracted people who had ADHD. Because it was a new organization it caught the wandering attention of the Searching ADHD. But as the organization has matured it has become more regimented and stiff. When ADHD people are driven out that leaves a lot of really, really, boring people. Do you think that explains anything?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know if I have it or not. I was born in 52 before they had lables for everything. I suspect by my performance in shcool combined with the witnesses saying that school was not necessary that I may have had it and do have it. One symptom that makes me think I might have it, I cant watch tv. I cant concentrate on most tv shows. Either I have Attention defficit or they got 100 channels with nothing on. I can entertain my self by surfing the net. Once again short term attention. But I was raised in the wactower thanks to my mother. I doubt I would have ever joined on my own. There are a lot of really really boring people everywhere.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know if I have it or not. I was born in 52 before they had lables for everything.

I suspect by my performance in shcool combined with the witnesses saying that school was not necessary that I may have had it and do have it. One symptom that makes me think I might have it, I cant watch tv. I cant concentrate on most tv shows. Either I have Attention defficit or they got 100 channels with nothing on. I can entertain my self by surfing the net. Once again short term attention. But I was raised in the wactower thanks to my mother. I doubt I would have ever joined on my own. There are a lot of really really boring people everywhere. Sorry about the double post, I am battling a computer virus about blank and it seems to be affecting a lot of things at the moment.
  • wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Do you think that explains anything?

Yep. Cause they dont get to enjoy the side effects of adderall.

• JK666
    JK666

Yes, I . . . uh . . . what was the question?

JK

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

What was said was...hang on, I've been watching for this program to come on, what did I make last month? I gotta change the oil in the truck what will I be making for lunch damn she has a nice ass.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

jaguarbass wrote:

Either I have Attention defficit or they got 100 channels with nothing on.

Hey jag . . . You don't need ADHD to recognize there is nothing to watch on TV. I do not have ADHD and even I figured that one out. We keep busy with ummm . . . life! ESTEE

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

It was claimed I have ADD...I think ADD is just for parents who do not know how to deal with high energy intelligent children! No offense of course.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

My little brother and I suspect one of my older brothers have suffered with this their entire lives, and growing up in the borg was hell for both of them. Thing is, people with this disorder are often inventors, artists, etc., who have brought much beauty into this world. Here's an interesting link on famous people who are world would be never the same without.

http://www.adhdrelief.com/famous.html

• faundy
    faundy

There was a kid who had it in our hall, he was the son of a woman who was studying. In the book study he wold play up, and once he got up in the middle of the study and crawled behind a cupboard and the book conductor had to drag him out. It must have been really hard for him to sit still.

But I also believe that too many kids are labelled with the ADD badge these days, leaving me to doubt its existence. Many times I wonder whether it's simply a lack of discipline. I'm dreading becoming a teacher, to be honest, when if I tell the kids off I get the parents ringing up with the "Don't you know he's got ADD" line.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit