OFFICIAL REPORT STATS WANTED FOR 2007 NOT 2006!!!

by steve2 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• steve2
    steve2

Many thanks to the kind people, Blondie included, who gave me the link to the JW stats. However, this link is for the 2006 stats which were published in the February 1st 2007 Watchtower.

As made clear in an earlier thread, I'm looking for the 2007 stats which, for the first time, will NOT be published in the Watchtower but which will be confined to the 2008 JW Yearbook and Our Kingdom Ministry insert.

Are those stats available yet??

• zeroday
    zeroday

I would think in 2008...

• steve2
    steve2
    I would think in 2008...

Not necessarily. The yearbook comes over up to four or more weeks before the end of the year. By my infallible reckoning, the 2008 Yearbook should have been "released" by now.

• alanv
    alanv

Hi Steve,

I'm feeling the same frustration as you at the moment. The delay in publishing the 2007 service report seems to be because it is no longer put into the Feb 1st Watchtower. It will be published in the 2008 yearbook as it always has been. Also it will be put into the February Kingdom Misery. Having said that I would have thought that by now this imfo would be available in the states if not anywhere else. I'm also sure that the figure for the individual countries will all ready have been reported in the Kingdom Misery. So come on you people who still have access to Watchtower stats. Let's at least here how the U.S. or U. K. are doing. Hopefully it will confirm that there is little or no growth in the internet countries.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I suspect the delay is being caused by the WTS beating the branches over the head to eek out every last piece of positive news they can find. They are probably contacting every congregation asking them to recheck all of the books to ensure that no publishers, hours or studies were missed.

Maybe this will be the first year where the statistics finally show a marked decrease.

• blondie
    blondie

I also think many countries lack the sophisticated counting system in the US, Canada, UK, etc., and it takes time to collect. My goodness, the service overseer in one congregation here in the US was adjusting individual counts all the way through August, calling people who had not turned time in the previous September to make sure it was not just an oversight and they had put in 1 hour. Communication in some countries is slow. I can remember that the WTS didn't even use the PO in some countries but had individual jws deliver the magazines and pick up mail at the main dock in a large city.

I never took mail service in the US for granted again after that.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I know what Steve wants but it's just not avalible yet...how wierd I would have the figures by now...makes me more curious. I bet the figures are really bad, since they have not been encouraging for a while...will they EVER pass 7 Million I'm dying to know.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I share your pain I love getting the new figures.

But I do often wonder why I take such great pleasure in looking at them and working out percentages of decrease etc! I've got them all on a spreadsheet going back to the 60s..

I think we're just going to have to wait, and I hope I dont miss the thread when they are posted!

Poppy

• steve2
    steve2
    But I do often wonder why I take such great pleasure in looking at them and working out percentages of decrease etc!

A great question, Poppy. Even as an active Witness, I eagerly looked forward to the "latest" worldwide figures, enthusiastically going over them - especially in the lead-up to 1975 when the growth in numbers was astonishing.

Since leaving, my interest in the figures has remained constant, although for wider-ranging reasons than trying to bolster a faltering belief system!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am waiting too so as to update my site, so would love a PM as soon as it arrives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit