OFFICIAL REPORT STATS WANTED FOR 2007 NOT 2006!!!

by steve2 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Poppy - can you post that spreadsheet? I think it'd be interresting to graph it and overlay what the standard population growth would have been (or subtract this amount).

• carla
    carla

Blondie said, "calling people who had not turned time in the previous September to make sure it was not just an oversight and they had put in 1 hour."

What is the jw supposed to say to that?! He could say that is correct 'no time for that month' and get in trouble for not enough fs or he could lie and say 'uh, yes I believe 1 hour should have been reported' and he can live with his 'conscience' for lying to a jr. god of the org. Why even bother with those silly ungodly reports?

• steve2
    steve2
    Why even bother with those silly ungodly reports?

Well said Carla! "Silly" and "ungodly" capture the calibre of their so-called objective reports. It's not as if they are independently audited or have to clock in and out.

Even "back in my day" it was so easy for JWs to inflate their hours. One "resourceful"sister who was a regular pioneer, spent lots of time in cafes and shopping malls (not witnessing either), and yet managed to get her time in for the month. How do I know this? My non-JW cousin ran one of the cafes and saw her there on an almost daily basis. Good on the sister, I say. She found a way to survive that worked for her!

• whereami
    whereami

Was at a recent Circut Assembly. The last speaker said that we had a good year as far as numbers. I believe he mentioned that we're at 6.9mil members, over 100,000 cong., over 17mil in attendence at the memorial, over 5,000 baptized every week.

• steve2
    steve2
    Was at a recent Circut Assembly. The last speaker said that we had a good year as far as numbers. I believe he mentioned that we're at 6.9mil members, over 100,000 cong., over 17mil in attendence at the memorial, over 5,000 baptized every week.

Thanks for the "sneak" preview, whereami. Based on your numbers received from a Circuit Assembly, the following rough comparison can be made with the official worldwide figures for 2006: Peak No 2006 = 6,741,444 Peak No 2007 = 6.900,000 No. of congregations 2006 = 99,770 No. of congregations 2007 = 100,000 + No. baptized 2006 = 248,327 No. baptized 2007 = 260,000 (5,000 x 52 weeks) Memorial attendance 2006 = 16,675,113 Memorial attendance 2007 = 17,000,000 + The broad picture is one of increase, although whether the trend of stagnation and even decrease see in western countries in recent years has been abated remains to be seen. Thanks again whereami!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit