Trying the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (RC - Build 6001)

by Elsewhere 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sleep mode test: FAILED

I woke up this morning to find my computer in a coma.

To make it more clear as to what I am talking about:

When my computer is on, the front light is Blue. When my computer is in Sleep mode, the light turns amber and is totally quiet. No fans, no hard drive, nothing making any noise. When the computer successfully wakes up from Sleep mode the fans, hard drive and everything come back to life and I can use my computer within 10 or 15 seconds.

When my computer is in a coma, the blue light is on, fans are on, the hard drive is on along with everything else, only the screen is blank with the power save light blinking and the computer is completely unresponsive. The only way to get it out of this state is to physically unplug it and plug it back in.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Supplement:

All of the previous mentioned symptoms are back... my windows are whipping around like they are on long rubber bands again along with everything else I mentioned.

Bottom line: Service Pack 1 failed to fix ANY of my issues.

In addition to this, it has actually introduced another annoying bug: Every time my computer goes to play a sound (like a web browser click) the sound is preceded by a "thump" sound.

• brinjen
  • VM44
    VM44

All modern software is bad!

The world would be a better place if everyone went back to programming in FORTRAN.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Damn. I just got my new 3Ghz, 2Gg computer...with Vista still sitting in the box. My old puter I had upgraded to XP Pro which fixed all the 98 stupidity, but since I can't add memory is getting stupid.

Now I hear this. *sigh* Oh, well I still have my XP Pro disc...

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Thanks Elsewhere, the "coma" as you call it is the problem I'm having to deal with on two computers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit