THE INCREDIBLE HUCK !

by a Christian 47 Replies latest jw friends

• a Christian
    a Christian

Here is the new Rasmussen Report Republican Presidential Poll.

For you Ron Paul Fans, compared to one week ago Ron is up 2 percentage points.

Mike Huckabee is up 1 point.

Rudy is down 4 points.

John McCain is up 4 points. (Could he be about to stage a big comeback? How do Ron Paul's fans explain John McCain's increased popularity since he stands for all that Ron Paul opposes?)

Today's report:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mike Huckabee still on top nationally in the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination. It’s Mike Huckabee at 23%, Rudy Giuliani 17%, Mitt Romney at 15%, Fred Thompson at 13% and John McCain at 13% (see recent daily numbers). Ron Paul currently attracts 7% of Likely Republican Primary voters nationwide.

• a Christian
    a Christian

New Poll Just Out Today Puts Mike First, Romney Third In Iowa!

http://americanresearchgroup.com/

Giuliani 13%
    Huckabee 28%
    Hunter - 1%
    Keyes 1%
    McCain 20%
    Paul 4%
    Romney 17%
    Tancredo 1%
    Thompson 5%
    Undecided 11%

And Pat Buchanan says it is now a Mitt vs. Mike race for the Republican nomination.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article59313.html

• exjdub
    exjdub

On the other hand, Ron Paul sounds like that grouchy old man in every neighborhood who is always yelling at the kids to, "STAY OFF OF MY LAWN!"

a christian...

What is your problem? What has Ron Paul said in any way, form, or fashion that "sounds like a grouchy old man"? Your attempt to discredit a man that has done nothing, other than try to uphold the Constitution, amazes me. I also find it interesting that right after the Rasmusson poll was discredited and shown to be a biased and unreliable poll you continue to quote from it.

Let us just get the obvious out of the way: You are like most of the Fundamental Christians (not the reasonable Christians that I know) that will sell our country down the river to acheive your "moral values" (which don't exist with the status quo politicians, especially the Republicans). So the guy is a Christian who hates homesexuals and would quarantine people with AIDS...gee whiz where can I sign up to support such a great man?? Sheesh, the guy is a moron!! Huckabee would be a disaster for this country. All of the friends that I have that are Republicans are sick and tired of the manipulation by the Fundy Christians and say that they will not vote for a candidate who uses religious manipulation as a presidential platform. Go Ron Paul!!

exjdub

• exjdub
    exjdub
    And Pat Buchanan says it is now a Mitt vs. Mike race for the Republican nomination.

Oh crap!!! I posted my comments before I read this. That changes everything! Pat Buchanan said that it is a race between Mitt and Mike? Well if Pat Buchanan said it, it must be true!!! Bwaaaaaahahahahaha!

• a Christian
    a Christian

exjdub,

You asked: What has Ron Paul said in any way, form, or fashion that "sounds like a grouchy old man"?

Everything he says sounds that way. I'm not talking about the content of what he says. For the most part I like the content. Unfortunately his presentation leaves a lot to be desired.

You wrote: the Rasmusson poll was discredited and shown to be a biased and unreliable

It was? According to who? Ron Paul fans? Rasmussen has Ron Paul at 6% nationwide. I know of no poll that puts him substantially higher.

You wrote: You are like most of the Fundamental Christians (not the reasonable Christians that I know) that will sell our country down the river to achieve your "moral values"

I'm hardly a Fundamentalist. I have argued on this board against a global flood and for the idea that God used evolution as his means of creation. And how is believing that the government should pass laws that instill in people a respect for human life "selling my country down the river"?

Concerning Huckabee you say: the guy is a Christian

You are right about that.

You say: who hates homesexuals

I'm not sure what a "homesexual" is. But if you mean to say that Huckabee hates homosexuals, that's a lie.

You say: and would quarantine people with AIDS

That also is a lie. And I think you know it is a lie. I think you know as well as I do that Huckabee said in 1992 that the government should consider such a thing, after he just saw a woman testify before congress that she had contracted aids from her dentist. Huckabee has said that since we now know much more about how the disease is transmitted that such action is not called for. I'm not sure I agree with him. There have been many cases reported where people actually knew they had the disease but continued to act in such a way that put others at great risk of contracting it.

You wrote: Sheesh, the guy is a moron!!

And you are a fool - for believing and regurgitating all the lies and other crap that the left has been throwing at a good and honest man.

You wrote: Huckabee would be a disaster for this country.

You would I suppose rather have Hillary? Or maybe Romney? Or McCain (my second choice who has any kind of shot)? Or Guiliani? Choose someone. Because, unfortunately, it sure is not going to be Ron Paul. If he was going to catch on with Republican voters he would have done so by now. A large part of his relatively small group of supporters are Democrats, independents, and Libertarians - who are not going to help him much in Republican primaries.

Mike Huckabee impresses me as anhonest man who as President will not be in the pocket of anyone, right-wing corporate/Wall Street Republicans or left-wing- big government/high taxing Democrats. That's why he is hated by the Republican establishment as much as he is by the Democrats. The truth is he offers both of them enough to like to gain enough votes from both sides to easily win the Presidency.

Like Ron Paul, who I might support if I thought he had any chance to win, Huckabee is for instituting the Fair Tax to replace the income tax. This one position of his is enough to get me excited about his candidacy. For one thing, I hate having to tell the government all of my personal business every year.

You wrote: All of the friends that I have that are Republicans are sick and tired of the manipulation by the Fundy Christians and say that they will not vote for a candidate who uses religious manipulation as a presidential platform.

Huckabee does no such thing. The only time he even mentions religion is when the press asks him a religious question. He gets a lot more of them than other candidates because he was a pastor many years ago. It is Romney's religion which has caused most of this ruckus. Everyone keeps asking Huckabee what he thinks about Mormonism. He has tried his best to say nothing. I know I couldn't. Mormonism like JWs is a mind control cult.

Oh, by the way, wishing people a "Merry Christmas" is not religious manipulation.

Merry Christmas

• a Christian
    a Christian

Iowa results:

Huckabee 34%

Romney 25%

McCain 13%

Thompson 13%

Paul 10%

Guiliani 4%

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Go Huck, Go !!

• dinah
    dinah

After the evangelicals got Bush re-elected, I decided to not support whoever they support.

Fundies get their drawers in a wad over abortion, but having our troops killed in an illegal war is fine and dandy. The republicans used the gay marriage and abortion issues to mask their real agenda. If people would stop trying to force their morals on others, and look at the important issues they might choose differently.

Which is more evil to you? Gay people having legal rights over their estates and wills, or oil companies making record profits while your average American is struggling just to meet their basic needs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit