THE INCREDIBLE HUCK !

by a Christian 47 Replies latest jw friends

• a Christian
    a Christian

Mike Huckabee now leads his closest rival (Mitt Romney) in the newest Iowa poll 39% to 17%. http://www.newsweek.com/id/74215 And in the latest national poll Mike leads his closest rival (Rudy Giuliani) 22% to 18%. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll And among the people who know Mike Huckabee and Hillary Clinton both very well, the people of Arkansas, Huckabee now leads Clinton 48% to 42%. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/arkansas/arkansas_2008_presidential_election
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Woo-hooo cha chiiiiing

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mike who?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

And it's all thanks to Jesus Christ!

Yahhhhhhhhhhh frickin' hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

• a Christian
    a Christian

I guess that "Mormon speech" backfired on Romney. The Iowa poll was taken on Dec. 6th, the day and evening after he gave his speech. Seems a lot of people didn't even know he was a Mormon until he made such a big deal of it. His numbers dropped like a rock after the speech. You just gotta love it.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I do love it---No Cults in the White House.

• JK666
    JK666

J-G.

Do you have a crush on Huckabee, or what?

JK

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, but at least I will have a candidate that I can feel confident voting for.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Just like Bill Clinton he will charm you, but don't be surprised if he takes a completely different turn in office."

"Mike Huckabee raised more taxes in 10 years in office than Bill Clinton did in his 12 years." -- writes Ernie Dumas, Arkansas Leader.

summary of Huckabee’s worst hits. According to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, the average Arkansas tax burden increased 47% over Huckabee’s tenure. Huckabee supported (in chronological order) a sales tax hike; gas and diesel fuel tax hikes; another sales tax hike; a cigarette tax hike; a nursing home bed tax; another sales tax hike; an income surcharge tax; a tobacco tax hike; taxes on Internet access; and higher beer taxes. Huckabee also oversaw a 50-percent increase in spending; happily signed a minimum wage increase and encouraged national Republicans to do the same; favors a national smoking ban, farm subsidies, and a federally mandated arts and music curriculum; opposes private school choice; and employs class-warfare and protectionist language on the campaign trail

Huckabee's Laundry List of Tax Hikes

• Signed a sales tax hike in 1996 (Cato Policy Analysis No. 315, 09/03/98).
    • Supported an internet sales tax in 2001 (Reuters, 02/23/04).
    • Publicly opposed the repeal of a sales tax on groceries and medicine in 2002 (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 09/11/02).
    • Signed a gas tax in 1999 (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 06/29/99)
    • Signed cigarette tax hike in 2003 (Americans for Tax Reform 01/07/07)
    • Signed a bed tax on private nursing home patients in 2001 (Associated Press 06/29/01).
    • Proposed a sales take hike in 2002 (Arkansas News Bureau 12/05/02).
    • Opposed a congressional measure to ban internet taxes in 2003 (Arkansas News Bureau 11/21/03).
    • Allowed a 17% sales tax increase to become law in 2004 (The Gurdon Times 03/02/04).
    The faultfinders have been members of his own party, who take issue with tax increases he enacted. In recent interviews on Fox News, Huckabee responded to some of these questions, but we found him to be misleading and incorrect on several points.

He wants to put illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship, because we need them “to do jobs that are going unfilled because nobody here wants to do them.”

"[Huckabee] has zero intellectual underpinnings in the conservative movement," says Blant Hurt, a former part owner of, and columnist for, Arkansas Business magazine. "He's hostile to free trade, hiked sales and grocery taxes, backed sales taxes on Internet purchases, and presided over state spending going up more than twice the inflation rate."

http://www.taxhikemike.org/

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Is Huckabee running for position of Pope?

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/10/whats_the_huckabee_problem_1.php

One of Mike Huckabee's supporters wrote "he can sell ice to Eskimos" another writes " Mike Huckabee won me over." Yet another writes "Huck demonstrated the same smooth, articulate, can-sell-snake-oil-to-a-merchant demeanor."

An eyewitness to the convention wrote:

"I’ve attended plenty of speeches, conventions, and conferences, and I have never seen a speaker receive so many cheers standing ovations. From the moment Huckabee walked on stage, you could feel the excitement brewing. I may sound partial, but you’d almost have to be there to understand. With an ease in his manner and a genuine tone of voice, he started off his first few minutes by joking with the crowd.
    Moving on to immigration, about which he has been challenged by conservatives for taking a liberal stance, Huckabee was careful with his words. He blamed our federal government for the current problem rather than those who have come here illegally; saying that it is the government’s responsibility to protect the borders. While he correctly targeted the federal administration and the corporations who have hired illegal immigrants, he was silent about why he chooses not to hold the aliens accountable (I would have liked to hear some of his insights, since this view is inexplicable to me). Instead, he cleverly switched the topic to express some words of patriotism as an American who was “thankful that this country is one that people are trying to break into, not one that they are trying to break out of."

The attendee continues her explanation of the grand speech and closes with these words.

"Preach it, Pastor."

Governor Huckabee knows how to stir emotion. Conversions to God and the vilest mobs have been formed by people who can stir emotion.

Mike Huckabee has charisma. He can "sell ice to Eskimos". I like the guy, but I don't trust him with America's problems. I think he makes a great pastor, but there are big questions to how he would govern. His charisma reminds me of Bill Clinton. He brings crowds alive. Crowds that believe socially the same as the candidate. I want him to talk heavy non-value issues. I believe him on the value issues. I need depth on international relations, immigration, taxes, health care, etc. Does he walk the talk on these issues???

Governor Huckabee's fiscal conservativeness does not show in his Governorship of Arkansas. I hope people will look into his record. I believe he is sincere in his social beliefs but I do not believe he is a strong fiscal conservative.

I think he makes a great pastor, he can pound the pulpit, but there are big questions to how he would govern. His charisma reminds me of Bill Clinton. He brings crowds alive. Crowds that believe socially the same as the candidate. I want him to talk heavily on less religious issues. I believe he is conservative on the value issues. I need depth on issues such as management, foreign affairs, , immigration, taxes, health care, social security, education, military etc.

I just can't be be sold on someone who might be really good at selling snake oil to a merchant.

Posted by Wendy | October 24, 2007 1:30 PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit