DIsfellowshipping without a meeting with you

by myababes 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• myababes
    myababes

Thank you all so much for replying, God how have these people got the right to exert so much influence in our lives even though you don't go and havent been for a long time. I keep what I do away from my family they live away so its quite easy, but why the hell do I feel as if I am still living a "double life" as they call it just like when i was a teenager going drinking in pubs etc (OMG the mortal sin of going into a pub). I used to beat myself up that at the time That I was probably the One responsible for the "withholding of the HOLy spirit" form the cong and it was my fault that there was no increase cos i ws going into pubs!.

All I want is for a day to go by and not think about the damn religion and concentrate on the here and now. I have a good career went on to do a degree and a masters after leaving and consider myself a strong person but it just won't go away. Will it haunt me for the rest of my days?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ...but it just won't go away. Will it haunt me for the rest of my days?

I have met folks who have been out over 30 years and they have
    family in, so they are still disturbed by the WTS, and have issues.

The only ones who seem to walk away and successfully put it out
    of their concerns are those that leave behind nobody or whose
    loved ones in WTS have passed away. Sorry for the downer.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The only ones who seem to walk away and successfully put it out
    of their concerns are those that leave behind nobody or whose
    loved ones in WTS have passed away. Sorry for the downer.

That's been our experience too.

How we envy those people who don't have any family members 'in' ! The only connection or even remorely relevant connection with the borg is because of immediate family members being loyal Borgites.

But we have found that as the years pass the further into the dim grey past the life of a dub seems to us.

• JK666
    JK666

myababes,

Welcome to JWD!

If no one attempts to "rock the boat" you will probably have no problems. However, if someone wants to stir trouble, then they can take it to the elders. This could be family members that are upset with you, or a congregation member who might see you smoke or whatever.

The should ask to meet with you if they are making a judicial matter, but basically they can do what they want. Rules are only for the rank and file JW.

Stick around, as this site is great for information and camaraderie to help you heal.

JK

P.S. Welcome to machoman, too!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Myababe, I've all my family save one or two still witnoids. I've simply made new friends, friends that are closer to me than family could ever be. So they have faded well into the background, so far back, I don't know which of any of them are still alive, where they live or anything else about them. My life is full with community activities, intellectual, spiritual and social stimulation and satisfaction that I am adding, ever so slightly to the advancement of civilization. I wish you the best. carmel

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi myababes - thanks for sharing your story.

YES they can. I know from experience. My mother had been out of the organisation, was smoking, and pretty much leading what the witnesses call a "worldly life" She did that for 10 years - in that time thou she still kinda believed it to be the truth - just that she had wondered.

When I made my stand against the organisation & had shared my new views with my mother, the elders, for the first time in 10 years contacted my mother and wanted a committee meeting with her, she refused. They then told her over the phone she was disfellowshipped. They announced it that week, the following week they announced my disfellowshipment.

You keep pushing back at them - they have no right to interefere. I know a young girl who is so messed up because of this faith!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit