vegas anyone???

by peaceloveharmony 43 Replies latest jw friends

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey, crazy idea from chat.....doesn't a trip to vegas in say january sound great?

apost -o- fest 2002 vegas style

so whatcha think??

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

That sounds REALLLL nice. I will give it lots of thought.

:)
    Boozy

• wasasister
    wasasister

Hi sister! I'll be in Vegas all weekend. Want me to scout locations?

It's cheap there now; seems tourists and gamblers alike are afraid to venture beyond the front porch. Hey! Here's an idea!! If people don't go to Vegas to gamble, that will piss off the Mafia. The Mafia, in turn may go after the terrorists. Now, THERE'S a threat!

Anyway, wish me luck.
    Wasa

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

wasa! good luck sweetie

and that'd be great if you could keep an eye out for any deals!

hehe

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Vegas is a cool vacation spot.If you don`t gamble it`s an inexpensive place to stay.Beautiful hotels,unbeleavable entertainment,and fine food.Theres always something to do.Wish I could go,maybe next time.

• Tina
    Tina

This could work for me! Thanks ((harmy))luv,T

Jehovahs Witnesses,Proudly Serving Their Corporate Masters!

• larc
    larc

I would like to go. Vegas is a good place to meet because there are a lot of inexpensive package deals, and of course, there is lots to do. My son is a very good black jack player and wants me to go out there with him. You can count me in as an "interested person."

• why144000
    why144000

I have been there twice this year, not bad (or good!) for an aussie. The last time I was there (after Sept 11) everyone was looking depressed because of the downturn in tourism. Tell me, which is more likely, me winning a million dollars on the slot machines or the Society getting a timeline right? Who would you back?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hey, that does sound good. I would love to if my schedule allows it.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

This chat must stop.

If you are trying to be reinstated then going to Vegas will really put the downers on your chances of reinstatement into the glorious society where everything is sweetness and light.

Devote yourselves to study, field service, bible highlights and preparing for comments in the Watchtower. To think of wasting such precious spiritual time in the city of sin is unforgivable and will ruin your chances of progress into the spiritual light

Do not do it, remember the spiritual dangers of enjoyments and works of the flesh!!

Jim

(By the way its a GREAT place, the Treasure Island Hotel is by far the best hotel in its price bracket. Virgin is the best way to get there. Enjoy)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit