Is the NEW LIGHT an apostate teaching until Feb 2008?

by outofthebox 10 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Dear WT,

I am confused. Please help me. I received a Feb15, 2008 WT magazine (don't ask how). It says the generation is the anointed. Meaning you. So, the current teaching will be forgoten until new notice in the future. That's fine. I dig it. But...

Well, here is my question. Since the magazine hasn't been released yet to the brothers, is it an apostate teaching until then? or can I teach it now? I don't want to get disfellowshiped for this.

I don't want to run faster than Jehovah's car (meaning you).

Please advice,

Sincerly,

-ootb

PS: Another question: How many anoninted are needed to change a NEW light blub?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Dear Brother Out of the Box:

How dare you presume to run ahead of Jah's Organization? Only we have the power to give the proper spiritual crap food at the right time. We shall be contacting your presiding overseer to sit down with you and show you the errors of your ways.

P.S. We dont' need the anointed's helping in changing light bulbs or anything else, they are merely there for decoration.

Sincerely,

Gobbering Bobbleheads, aka Governing Body.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    PS: Another question: How many anoninted are needed to change a a NEW light blub?

Enough to make up a whole generation apparently.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hey I like this.

What if everyone sent this as a question to jw friends and family: innocently 'what if the generation is only the anointed'. . .they'd consider it apostate thinking, but wait! come study time they'll recall our question. . .and realize that our apostacy is merely new light.

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

How long did the last generation meaning last? I think that made a new world record for the shortest-lasting Bible interpretation ever!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WHY does discussing this poisoned "spiritual food" from the banquet a Jehovah's table.....always make me feel sick?

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Reverend Warhawk wrote:

How long did the last generation meaning last? I think that made a new world record for the shortest-lasting Bible interpretation ever!

Not quite a world record, consider the following:

"In the parable, the 'man' that sowed the mustard grain pictures the 'wicked one', Satan the Devil."- 1975, Man's Salvation out of World Distress at Hand p. 208

"Jesus Christ

, with his prophetic foresight, could foreknow the outcome for the symbolic mustard grain that he planted in the first century."- WT October 1, 1975 p. 600

Here is another one:

"While both homo

sexuality and bestiality are disgusting perversions, in the case of neither one is the marriage tie broken. It is broken only by acts that make an individual 'one flesh' with a person of the opposite sex other than his or her legal marriage mate." (WT January 1, 1972 p. 32)

This teaching was reversed in the December 15, 1972 Watchtower.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think the new light should be apostate propaganda until the release date. Then after the release they will event a new truth which renders the most recent truth as heresy and they all dis fellowship themselves

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I say go ahead and blab it before the release date. Blab it alongside the current "knowledge" that the generation is the group of people with similar characteristics and the pre-1995 "knowledge" that it was the people that saw the events of 1914. You will probably be approached by the hounders.

When the hounders come, be prepared with the book 1984. It helps to have them read portions of it, to get them a feeling of loathing for that kind of totalitarianism. Then, you compare their knowledge base with the Watchtower Society (such as raising the chocolate allowance from 30 grams to 20 by forcing people to forget that it was 30 grams before). The more examples like that you can pull out of the book 1984, the better the results are going to be.

Chances are, you are still going to get disfellowshipped. But, you will have planted a seed of guilt in the hounders. That is something they are good at doing to you, so they will get a taste of their own medicine. And, they might one day realize how wrong their religion is. And, while you are disfellowshipped, it is a good idea to ponder about whether you really want to belong to a religion that harbors pedophiles and silences the victims, and then makes the members preach about them to the public after having been exposed on NBC News.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Some of the JWs that I know had heard the rumours just after we did on here - so I guess that it wouldn't be much of a shocker.

I asked some of them, "Why if God has revealed this to the Governing Body / FDS / Whatever.... why would they have to wait three months in order to print it... and what are they teaching in the meantime ?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit