Is it possible be blind? while seeing? Bible thumper read if you dare

by skyking 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 5go
    5go

www.jesusneverexisted.com

It also does a good job of showing evidence that other character like David and Solomon are myth and even points to their origins in mythology of certain pagan gods in the region.

• onacruse
    onacruse

BA:

Lol.

Hilarious, really, dude.

Do you believe everything you read?

Someone writes a book, makes assumptions, ascertains, and uses twisted "lawjik" to come to a conclusion that is far from factual, and you gulp it down as fact.

I feel sorry for you, you appear as gullible as an ex-JW as you undoubtedly were as a dub. Which cult do you belong to now?

BA- ROTFLMAO!

You really do have a way of inviting open conversation, don't you?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

A lot of that stuff on the jesusneverexisted is total BS. There are so many lies I don't know where to start. The information is obviously written by someone who knows absolutely NOTHING about Christianity.

I don't really care if someone wants to become a Christian or not. But I do care about the facts being distorted. As a Christian since age 12 and a lover and avid reader of the Bible, it really ticks me off the read such rubbish written by non-believers. Again everyone, like I stated before, if you want to know about Christianity, do not ask an athiest, ask a Bible Scholar, Christian minister, etc. Someone who can really give you an answer. And I don't mean a JW or Mormon, etc. someone belonging to Orthodox Christianity with knowlege in the faith.

That being said, I will take one point made about the Apostle Paul, for the sake of time and not wanting to waste my precious time too much on this. I am sick and tired of people picking on Paul and saying he never believed in a real living Jesus Christ. That is utter nonesense to anyone like myself who has read the words of Paul many times and looks to him as a great example of the Christian faith. His letters are my favorites part of the NT except for the gospels of Jesus.

Paul DID NOT believe in a different Jesus than the other Apostles. But his relationship with Jesus was unique compared with the other Apostles. Paul converted to Christianity AFTER Christ's death and ascension to heaven. Unlike Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, etc. Prior to becoming a Christian, he was an opposer of Christianity and stoned Christians to death. And although he had not personally known Jesus prior to his death, he came to fully accept Jesus as the Christ and promised Messiah.

Paul knew full well that those he persecuted were followers of "The way" and that thier Lord was Jesus. He believed they worshiped a false God and this was blasphemy in his eyes and that is why he persecuted them. Christ revealed to Paul in a supernatural vision that he was indeed the Son of God and that by persecuting his followers, he was persecuting Christ himself. This vision was the catalyst for Paul's conversion to Christianity.

As strongly as he once persecuted those in the faith, after his conversion he put all his efforts in bringing people to Christ. The same Christ believers prior to him believed in. Paul came to firmly believe not in a Jesus who was a disembodied spirit of sorts (like the website states) who never lived and walked the earth, but rather in Jesus the Living, Divine Son of God! And Paul Knew FULL WELL Christ had lived, was cruxified and buried. The final part for him to learn was that Christ not only died but was indeed raised to life again.

So again, his experience was unique for he got to "know" Christ after his ascension to heaven, not while he lived as a man on earth. But to say because of this he believed in a totally different Jesus is Ludicrous!

All the bible writers wrote about God and Christ from their personal perspectives and Paul is no different. Only a non-believer with no faith in the Bible could come up with such a ridiculous assumption. Again, Paul did NOT believe in a different Jesus and it is obvious to anyone who takes the time to read what he wrote themselves, instead of relying on someone else's opinions.

Like BA said, many people leave the Witnesses and fall back into the same old ways they are used to. Do the research yourself and then you can make a sound decision about a topic.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I feel better now. Peace be with all, Lilly

* For references on Paul (Saul's) persecution of Christians and conversion read Acts chapters 7 & 8. For reference about Paul's belief in a living Jesus who died for our sins (same as the other Apostles believed) see 1 Corinthians chapter 15.

• dinah
  • onacruse
    onacruse

lovelylil:

Like BA said, many people leave the Witnesses and fall back into the same old ways they are used to. Do the research yourself and then you can make a sound decision about a topic.

This is true! I was exactly that way when I first started participating on JWD over 5 years ago...ask anybody that knows me, and they will confirm that I was virtually an ex-JW still thinking like a JW! LOL

However, if they had jumped into my face, I would have turned away, and lost (yet again) the opportunity to learn the things I have. I'm just making an observation about what constituted (for me, and I daresay most others) an inviting atmosphere for self-examination.

The results of that research will not necessarily lead us all to the same conclusions.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

onacruse,

So true what you said. I agree totally.

It just irks me when people quote from someone else's material to try to "debunk" christianity without putting it in their own words and then on top of that they give no references to support the opinions given.

I'm all for debating and defending my faith but references please! Lilly

btw: I'm happy to be able to view information contrary to my faith, don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it. I'm glad to be free enough to view opposing views unlike being a JW where this information is tabu. I often wondered if they feel they really have "the truth" why don't they debate with those of opposing views? Now I know that their faith will not withstand even the simplest of scrutiny, that is why.

Anyway, going to bed. Be back on late tomarrow. Have to work in the morning.

• hmike
    hmike

So what if there are similiarities. What does it prove?

• UU Now
    UU Now
    Again everyone, like I stated before, if you want to know about Christianity, do not ask an athiest, ask a Bible Scholar, Christian minister, etc.

How is that different from the JWs saying, "Don't talk to apostates,talk to us"?

If I want to learn about Xtianity, I want to hear more than the obviously biased comments of a Xtian minister.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If you want to know about Xtianity, ask Jesus.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Misinformation. These lists are not credible at all. And I'm not writing as a "Bible thumper", I'm writing as a person with an interest in ANE religions familiar with primary sources. The god Osiris is well-known from thousands of years of Egyptian literature. Please back up the claims in the list with citations from ancient sources. Please show me where Osiris is ever described as riding triumphantly into a city on a donkey while being welcomed with palm leaves. Or Osiris being put to death on a cross. Or Dionysius turning water into wine at a marriage ceremony. Of course there are some partial parallels between Dionysius, Osiris, and Jesus, and I've drawn attention to them in the past, but these lists exaggerate the parallels to the point of parody. They essentially attribute specific details from the gospel narratives to Osiris, Horus, Mithra, Krishna, etc. and then marvel over how remarkably similar the parallels are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit