Just finished C of C last night

by dogisgod 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You should read the sequel ISOCF.....Ray relates some even sadder stories of life-long Bethelites tossed out with nothing.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

What's the long version of that title?

momz

• Maddie
    Maddie

I read CoC and it made a huge impact on me. I had all kinds of emotions:- shock, horror, sadness, disgust, and it was the beginning of the end as far as my relationship with the borg went.

Maddie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In Search of Christian Freedom

• llbh
    llbh

A friend of mine gave it to me to read, I began reading it out of courtesy. After a few pages I new I had to finish it. A very interesting book. I was amazed at his lack of bitterness.

I had faded by this time, but it still had an impact on me

llbh

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Thank you leolaia!! Back to Amazon I go!

momz

• dinah
    dinah

Yeah I've got to read In Search of Christian Freedom. CoC impacted my life in a positive way when I was terribly adrift. The love I felt for this man while reading that book was something I had been looking for. It was just plain old human to human compassion. Yeah, I went through every emotion imaginable while reading it. I read it in two days, couldn't put it down. It was almost like a history lesson. I was actually there with him. The JW's lost their compassion when they df'd Ray. Well, the Judge had NO COMPASSION.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Folks,

You can buy the books direct from Franz and his wife at the following site:

http://www.commentarypress.com/

I imagine they make a little extra money if they sell direct rather than through Amazon.

I have bought a number of the books and given them out, and the response is terrific! Most people really love the books. The books really help in the healing process as you begin to realize that you aren't stupid or evil for leaving. And that the organization is not worth fretting over.

By the way, the last set of books I ordered, I called the number of the Commentary Press and got to speak with both Brother and Sister Franz. I kept it short and just told them that they were loved and appreciated. I really mean that!

Brant

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow
    But I thought it was wonderful how these couples stuck close together, not letting the religion divide them.

I also celebrate that.

• justhuman
    justhuman

great book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit