Just finished C of C last night

by dogisgod 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

It took me a while to get thru this book and some of the print was really unclear to make out. What struck me was the absolute mean spiritedness of the borg toward these brothers who gave their WHOLE lives to the borg. It also reinforces my experience that once they "make a decision" they will not be disuaded by BIBLICAL FACTS. They sent $10,000.00 to RFranz. I would call this "avoid a lawsuit 101....$10,000.00 for TWO people giving their lives....pretty cheap. When these brother's were dfd were their wives included in the package?

I haven't really read the bible for a long time. I admire that RFranz can continue as I still have a bad taste in my mouth for religion in general. I still have many translations in the library but which one do you use? (I think I remember the JWs using the American Standard Version b4 the NWT.)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I just finished today. I had to skim a bit past the history but dug in when it came to the 70's. Amazing reading. Giving my sister a copy for Xmas. I liked it when a GB member said he didn't have time to study the Bible, he had a hard enough time keeping up with the publications. Alrighty then.

momz

• Mary
    Mary

Welcome to the Club. Yep, I remember when I finished reading it. I was shocked and thoroughly disgusted at the Borg for what they did to Ray and the others. Truely dispicable people at the top there.

I often wished that the Big Fallout would happened more recently. With the internet, the fallout would have been 100 times greater. I'm just starting to read ISOCF.....

• yesidid
    yesidid
    When these brother's were dfd were their wives included in the package

I think Ray mantions somewhere that Cynthia was not dfd.

Betty Dunlap (Ed's wife) told me that Ed made them promise not to df Betty, and they didn't.

yesidid

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

How sad they had to even ask. But I thought it was wonderful how these couples stuck close together, not letting the religion divide them.

momz

• chickpea
    chickpea

my copy of C o C arrived in the mail today.... plan to make it a weekend project....

weird thing is that a batch of some other org's literature accompanied it..... crikey...... is there no escaping evangelism?

• dinah
    dinah

I think Cynthia DA'd. How is she doing anyway? Last time I heard from Ray she was sick.

He invited me to come see him ( I think he does that for everyone--I'm not special). I really should get over there, it's only about a 3-hour drive.

He doesn't like for us to thank him. I did and he seemed almost gosh what words?

He has my respect. He has a wonderful spirit. It shines through, despite how he was treated.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I haven't read it yet, but have been meaning to get a copy. I'm going to try to get a copy at Barnes & Noble this weekend. They have at least one in stock right now. I'm interested in reading the info that most JW's are not even aware of.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

What a great book it is. It reallly changed my perspecitve on things.

I still have many translations in the library but which one do you use?

I would suggest the original Jerusalem Bible, copywright 1966. While considered "too liberal" by some (mainly by those who prescribe to the idea of literal Bible interpretation) it's well reserached and a great tool for study IMO.

• CHILD
    CHILD

I don't know about about the American Standard Version but the JWs I knew had not difficulty using the King James Version.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit