Feb 15th Watchtower Study Edition - NEW LIGHT - Article in PDF

by AlphaOmega 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

All I have to say is that this s just crap, plain and simple.

Isaac

• Quandry
    Quandry

"Those listening to Jesus would NO DOUBT have understood him to mean......."

The WTS certainly is fond of using this phrase each time it comes up with a new explanation, or "new light" and effectively says,

"Oh, did we say that they understood that to mean...? Well, it is now obvious that they understood something quite different", and now, "Well, yes, we did say that in the 'Journals' but it is with a certainty the apostles understood Jesus to mean....."

And the thing is, it is all spoken with such AUTHORITY that it is to be taken as absolute truth and to even suggest otherwise is tantamount to rejecting Jesus. It all makes my head hurt now to think of how I tried to wrap my brain around all the "new light" and reason that it all made sense.......

I wonder if this will hit those in Hall weary of yet another "explanation" of generation as too much or if they will just sit with a glazed over look, hoping no one will ask them to explain it.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I wish that it would hit them Quandry. It will hit some. But the fact is that most will not even get the sense of it. Actually reading that article was comforting for me. It reinforced for me that I made the right decision in leaving. Having an ex that is going back in, who wants to drag our daughter back in, and a Mom in cahoots with her, the affirmation that this is nonsense being made up as each blunder becomes apparent to them is very much needed for me.

Isaac

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was just going back through some of my posts and saw your reply.

I wonder if you could get copies of previous explanations from your WT CDs and then ask your wife to examine them and please explain the new "light" to you on generation. Put her in the hot seat.......

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Incidentally, the sendspace link is no longer valid. Can someone repost it? Thanks if you can.

Isaac

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Before the sealing change they couldn't refer to the generation as anointed because "they will by no means pass away", and so they should have done so very shortly (the fact the number of anointed has been around 8,000 for 20+ years is another topic).

Wow I just got this (from two pages ago)! That is another of their slippery, calculated, now-we-can-say-anything, one illogical belief supports other illogical belief things. They are a clever bunch those GB types.

Isaac Carmignani

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit