Feb 15th Watchtower Study Edition - NEW LIGHT - Article in PDF

by AlphaOmega 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

The Generation Seeing the Sign

«' Previously, this journal has explained that in the first century, "this generation" mentioned at Matthew 24:34 meant "the contemporaneous generation of unbelieving Jews."* ...

Not the whole magazine, but this is the NEW LIGHT article.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwb55p Does anyone know of the thread that mentioned that this was actually a teaching from the 1930s ? Thanks
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Got it. Thanks AO.

• dust
    dust

Thanks!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I couldn't bring myself to read it all, but I was amazed to see the admission that they were wrong. "This journal said [this], but we have no doubt it's really [that]". I couldn't help but giggle at the idea of there being "no doubt" about this interpretation. I'm sure they had no doubt about their last two interpretations of "this generation"!

Perhaps their two previous failed interpretations are what qualify them for presenting a third, ala OBVES reasoning?

Thanks for the download!

Dave

• Bourne
    Bourne

Thanks AO! Looking forward to the fallout from this one....Hope everyone has their boots on...it's gonna be knee high when "mother" gets done explaining herself.

Bourne

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well that was clear as mud.

momz

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks....Got it. I do more DAMM studying now than when I was in.......

• JCanon
    JCanon

ROFL!!! Fuunnnny!

Thanks!

JCanon

• Gilberto
    Gilberto
    So Jesus must have been referring to his disciples when he made the statement: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."

So their previous explanation (that is, their explanation from 1995-2007 not the one before 1995, that was different again)

"this generation" mentioned at Matthew 24:34 meant the contemporaneous generation of unbelieving Jews."

Was in fact apostate teaching.

If a bible scripture must mean something surely there is no room for interpretation.

By their own admission the Watchtower was apostate from 1995 to 2007.

(edited: darn quote boxes)

• bennyk
    bennyk
    Does anyone know of the thread that mentioned that this was actually a teaching from the 1930s ?

(Actually, 1927) Your wish is granted: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/143844/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit