Agree to Disagree

by wanderlustguy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

I'll throw out the theist/atheist debate as an example.

The answers aren't easy and semantics cloud the issue, but there is a reality.

Both positions cannot be simultaneously true.

I believe they can.

For example, if 'you' believe in god, then god exists...................for you.

If 'I' don't believe in god, then god doesnt exist.......................for me.

So it just becomes 'you should think as I do' for both parties.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    It is important to always question everything, including ourselves and our personal motives and intentions.

No one of us is perfect

Debate is a good way to find the truth.

I agree JK666

• hmike
    hmike
    Your essay on "Why can't we all just get along?" was very nice, but your apparent sensitivity to disagreement is in itself a manifestation of intolerance. It sounds like you are saying that nothing really means anything. That doesn't fly.

Interesting. You're saying that a person who opposes intolerance is intolerant?

Sounds like when a person says "There are no absolutes"—he has just stated something absolutely.

• Gregor
    Gregor

nvrgnbk, I know you know that the brain dead half wit comment was in jest. Agreed?

For the record, I love Mr.& Mrs Flipper. A friendly tease .

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

nvrgnbk, I know you know that the brain dead half wit comment was in jest. Agreed?

Agreed.

For the record, I love you, Gregor. A friendly tease there too.

So I guess we're good?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Agreed.

For the record, I love you, Gregor. A friendly tease there too.

So I guess we're good?

Quit being bitches on my thread.

WLG

• Gregor
    Gregor

WLG,

ROFLOL!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Nothing worse than two guys getting their period on the same day.

• beksbks
    beksbks

For example, if 'you' believe in god, then god exists...................for you.

If 'I' don't believe in god, then god doesnt exist.......................for me.

But Searcher, one of those points of view is TRUE. There is a reality. There's just no way to prove it.

• searcher
    searcher

Ah, but a true god, who can do anything, could exist and not exist at the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit