FOR 'APOSTATE' READ 'GENUINE PERSON'

by Dansk 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Watchtower, it is well known, runs on fear. Its members are scared to death of upsetting Jehovah (a.k.a.Watchtower). When one starts to have misgivings about being a JW they are often jolted by references to 'apostate' being made. For Watchtower this is their last throw of the dice. In their literature and public talks they know that they must continually equate 'apostate' with 'evil person' who will be destroyed forever and never again receive Jehovah's loving kindness.

Well, I'm here to tell you that 'Apostate' actually equates to 'Genuine Person'. How do I, a mere mortal, know this? Because of JWD!

Yes, powerful I am not, but I know love, understanding and wonderful counsel when I hear/feel it! The folks of JWD - 'Apostates' to JWs - are, on the whole, the most genuine people I know. They have helped my family and I recover from the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses and have lovingly and sympathetically comforted us all in my time of serious illness.

Where was the loving Jehovah and his witnesses in all this? Nowhere!! Where were the 'Apostates'? Everywhere helping us!!

Dear friends, I owe you an immense amount of gratitude. So much I cannot ever repay you. You cannot beat experience and my experience has emphatically and empirically proven that 'Apostate' = "Genuine Person".

My wife and I love you ALL,

Ian

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

(((((((((((Ian & wife))))))))))))

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing I have noticed is that there is no chiding "counsel", People do offer suggestions, which may differ from each other. And there is freedom to select whichever one (or more than one) to pick from, or pick your own, or none of the above. And no getting hauled into the back room for doing something that is against the billions of rules or for not getting enough posts (yes, I have seen posters who have been on here 5 years or longer that are still newbies, and no hounding).

Even getting disfellowshipped from this board takes some work. It will not happen just because you offer some suggestions on how to miss all the meetings or openly express wishes to sabotage a session in field circus (as if they need it now: the NBC News report of the pedophiles is going to put a nice dent in the number of people taking the litter-ature). The only ones that get into trouble are the ones that consistently and willingly break the simple rules and cause trouble for other posters (no matter how ridiculous your opinions are, you will not be disfellowshipped for posting them).

For sure, you will not find anything like that in any Kingdumb Hell.

• eclipse
    eclipse

((((((((((Ian & his wife)))))))))))))

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

What I appreciate is that we all have a different opinion or belief and yet we can come here and air them and note fear judgement. Some still believe in God, some believe in none, some feel we are on a journey and we all end up in the same place - but we still get along. There is respect for one another.

Here here to all of us proud apostates.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Ian, yours was one of the first "stories" I read when I chanced upon JWD.

It positively oozed genuine-ness. I'm so glad you're here.

Great post.

Open Mind

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The first out of town convention I ever attended was at Maine Road after having been baptized along with my ex at Northenden a few months earlier. I was feeling full of spiritual something or other but still had a few niggling questions which my ex seemed reluctant to ever talk through and this was to be the state of play for the next 18 years! I always wondered whether she had gotten more into their crowd of elders wives etc with the several weekly coffee morning and ministry whilst I worked 5&half day weeks for 49 wks yr? Anyhow, I tried to completely immerse myself in it all but felt as if wifey was competing with me. I know that sounds ludicrous and perhaps is because it was just a feeling. Anyhow, to cut to the chase - at this Maine Road meet, there were groups of banners being held aloft by several groups preffesing to follow Christ. This intrigued me imensely and I went over to chat with them about what marvellous people I was amongst and how we had love amongst ouselves as a mark of true believers. I kept hearing shouts from behind but recognised noone on turning around. The guy I was chatting to told me I was in trouble and I burst into laughter - whilst he just smiled back at me. He calmly and compassionately asked if I was baptized and then mentioned how my life was in for a difficult journey though he could tell I was honest and giving - (paraphrased for brevity) I remember how wisdom lay deep in his eyes even to this day whilst at the time wondering what he was trying to say. Within minutes a brother was on my shoulder saying ,'Come away!' and not long after the person I studied with was in front of me seemingly embarrassed at my having been singled out. That's just one example of few situations that I got into not realising that if I continued to do them I would get shunned! It was in fact the least of my problems! The personal space invasion and corrosion of love understanding and compassion reduced me to a shell in my own home. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!! Apostacy is coming out from the water after having your head held under it since ever you went in!

• skyking
    skyking

DANSK

back at ya.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I cannot believe that this guy ( apostate) could see and know that I was gonna be shredded just from how willing I was to please and speak to anyone. I wish he had said, 'They will ruin your life and your kids futures' or something that I could hold onto! That look in his eyes was so knowing it's annoying me recalling that moment - of someone older and wiser seeing someone walk away to a life of repression! Wow! Like sending soldiers off to war knowing none will return unscathed. Perhaps not as bad but I can't think how else to explain these awful feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit