any former elders have an answer for me?

by helricha 63 Replies latest jw friends

• helricha
    helricha

So I was df'd for living with/having sex with my boyfriend for 3 years and then not ending the relationship and moving out within the week between the first meeting of confession and the second meeting where they tell me what their decision was. I did move out 3 months later with the intent of being reinstated over a period of time. Well I couldn't cut off the relationship with my bf even though I did move out, so I married him after a year and then 2 weeks after that I slept with someone else.

But I want to get reinstated and I need to know if I need to confess that I committed adultery to the elders when I do request reinstatement. Will they expect me to tell my husband? From what I've researched, I see that I am required to confess this to my husband if I'm a member of the congregation but it doesn't say that I have to if I'm disfellowshipped. Also, the info says that the elders will not accept that I am repentent if I don't confess to my husband. Disfellowshipping completely severes the tie with the congregation, so my action of adultery doesn't affect the congregation negatively.

So my question is not for the sake of just getting reinstated because I know how to do that - I've been through the process before. I need to know that if I want to salvage a relationship with Jehovah, is that what is expected?

• 5go
    5go

Um this might not be the board for you needs.

• helricha
    helricha

sorry, i'll delete it

• 5go
    5go

Any thing that happens out side pretty much stays out side. They will be glad to have you back.

• 5go
    5go

Don't delete it some one will answer it, it is a valid question you might not get an answer you want to hear though.

Just warning you.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I would deal with your relationship with your husband no matter what the congregation has to say. It's your life, how can you live it without feeling like a slut? Sorry, I think unfaithfulness (as a JW or not) is the lowest. Sure there are reasons, but just end it before you walk on someone's trust. Why do you want to get reinstated? Doesn't make much sense to me. You're right, tell the elders and you wont be reinstated any time soon. Don't tell your husband and live a lie. W.Once

• helricha
    helricha

Well I do appreciate any feedback from former elders who do have an answer. As far as what I've done, I'm not asking for an opinion of anyone, including any name calling. If anyone else would like to say something without the name calling, that would be ok.

• Frank.L
    Frank.L
    I see that I am required to confess this to my husband if I'm a member of the congregation but it doesn't say that I have to if I'm disfellowshipped

Listen...if you really want to be one of JWs then ADJUST your thinking and confess EVERYTHING. Confess if you have cheated , if you gamble, confess if you like Christmas, confess if you have a sexual addiction ...confess any addiction ..confess and cry and cry and the elders will work with you to reinstate your mind . Doesnt matter. All it takes is for them to see that you are genuinley repentant and to prove it. So go ahead and Confess. Spill your beans to them and if you really want assimilation into the ORG then it will happen. They will look for lies. So simply do not lie about anything. Be honest and all your dreams will be fullfilled.

• 5go
    5go

You might be shocked to find out what you did happens a lot inside the JWs. You haven't done anything new.

• 5go
    5go

You'll live just don't lose to much blood at any one time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit