You're not going to believe this!

by coffee_black 12 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

This article is about a jw who has a face eating tumor. The pictures are beyond description. He hasn't had surgery because of the blood thing, but there may be hope in a new procedure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/03/wface103.xml

Coffee

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

oh that's heart-breaking. The poor guy!!! I am so sorry for him. What a life he must have.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Thankfully a doctor is going to help him. He has suffered his whole life because of a ridiculous man made law. Good thing he has loving siblings because I doubt anyone at his hall would have taken care of him. I hope the operation will be the beginning of a much better life.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh how terribly sad !!!! He is on a world wide prayer group.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thats bizarre and the root guy too.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Wow. That poor guy! I hope he gets the help he needs.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

How terribly sad that he has had to endure this life of misery all for his "Mother's faith" as the article brought out. (And SHE has passed away) I feel so sorry for him!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Hell, I would have told them to operate on me anyway, even without blood! One of my older brothers (who is still a JW) had to have a back operation in the 1970s. They told him that he would need a blood transfusion, but he refused. The doctor did the operation anyway. Well, the doctor actually woke my brother up half way through the operation to tell him that if he didn't get a transfusion he would die. My brother told him not to give him any blood and finish the operation. I forget how many pints of blood he lost. But, anyway, he made it through the operation and recovered ahead of schedule. Of course, they used my brother's story at the assemblies all the time.

Like I said, if I had a gigantic tumor growing on my face blinding me and suffocating me, I'd have them operate even if I didn't want a transfusion. Personally, if I were him, I'd have my own blood stored and use my own blood for the operation.

This man has lost his entire life because he would rather please the WTBS in Brooklyn than have a fulfilling, normal life. Notice that the WTBS isn't trying to help him. I bet they could fly him to New York, give him a nice room at Bethel and get him access to the best doctors on the planet, AND get to use his story in The Watchtower, much like they used my brother's. Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 25:45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'" The truth is that they don't care and they shun individuals when they are in need. I would like to see a followup article asking why the JWs haven't helped him. Interesting.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hello, how is this guy (Jose Metre) doing now? Did everything went well with the operation? Any latest updates is more than welcome

• ninja
    ninja

anyone else getting the urge to watch "the fly"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit