RAISED IN ONLY MOSTLY...WHAT AGE DID U LEAVE HOME?

by oompa 25 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Thats pretty much it....my at home son seems so much younger than he should be...he is now 20 but hangs with much youger dubs...and has no girlfriend to date. I had like ten by then and had done everything but impregnate a girl................................what the hey is going on here?....................................oompa.

plus he is a ministerial servant and reg. pioneer and goes to bethel every chance he gets and will prob. be there long term soon...DOG HELP ME.

• somebody
    somebody

I was raised a JW and left home and JWdum when I was of legal age (18), and never returned. My son is 26 and my daughter is 23. Both kind of lived in and out of home through their college years, because things were tough for them finacially ( because they both worked and went to school), but they wanted to live on their own at the same time.

They now both live on their own and both have good jobs.

And I miss the old days when they were here, believe it or not!!!!

peace,

somebody/gwen

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Oompa, Our stay at home son, ....who was 20 in August just left this weekend. The biggest sweetheart you would ever want to meet. No girls at this point, his attitude is let me finish school and he will pick the right girl. (Girls are after him big time but he is putting them off until he is ready).....can you believe this?

We worried too as his 23 year old brother has been obsessed with girls for years. But they always wind up being a huge problem for him......watched by his younger brother.

Don't worry about your 20 year old, the guys are much smarter theses days!

A Girl will kick in and suddenly everything changes.........

r.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    RAISED IN ONLY MOSTLY...WHAT AGE DID U LEAVE HOME?

I was raised in it. I'm 18, and I haven't left home yet. I plan to do so ASAP.

Thats pretty much it....my at home son seems so much younger than he should be...he is now 20 but hangs with much youger dubs...

Well, I hang out with mainly the 30+ year olds. There are three other boys in the hall that are my age. But I have very little to do with them.

There is one extremely smart-for-his-age 10 year old in the hall too. I like him better then the three teenagers. So I may be able to understand where your son is coming from.

and has no girlfriend to date. I had like ten by then and had done everything but impregnate a girl................................what the hey is going on here?....................................oompa.

I've never had a girlfriend either. Don't recall ever wanting one. I'm not interested in relationships. And I'm pretty happy with that.

plus he is a ministerial servant and reg. pioneer and goes to bethel every chance he gets and will prob. be there long term soon...DOG HELP ME.

Well crap. Guy neads to get a life. Doesn't he have any NON-religious interests? Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I was raised in it and left at 19 years old. I didn't even know about welfare. I slept in my air tight Lincoln. I never went back because the witnesses, along with my family made life beyond unbearable. I had no help or support, financially or emotionally, from anyone. They wanted to break me and continued to try over the years. THEY NEVER SUCCEEDED.

• Magick
    Magick

• JK666
    JK666

I grew up in a "divided household." My mother was a devout JW, while my dad was a raging drunk. I had a very f***ed up childhood, and since I was the only boy and the youngest child, I received most of the abuse. I left home at age 17 after graduating high school mid term. At that point, I had never dated a girl. When I moved out I changed halls, and the kids there were very wild. I caught on fast, but the parents in the congregation wanted to blame me for their children's problems. So I went from the frying pan into the fire.

I hope that answers your question. What you need to do is find some "bad association" for him to hang with. That should loosen him up a bit.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

Oompa- I left home at 18 initially, moving into an apartment for 3 months till I found out my witness girlfriends dad would not let me marry her till 18, not 17 ! Put a dent in my plans , so my mom and dad let me move back in to save money for about 9 more months . Had to pay them rent though. So, got married at 19 . Way too young to really know the real reason I was getting married. Like most young JW men who had been repressed sexually, I mainly wanted to get laid.

Your son being busy with the witness stuff at least may keep him from marrying too young, if he doesn't have the raging urges I did at that age ! However once his urges kick in, the orgs. counsel will be, marry if you are inflamed with passion ! Too bad you couldn't just talk him into a better education in college, but as we know witnesses will be witnesses

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I left home a week after i turned 17, first week of August 1970, couldn't take the beatings from my superfine elder father anymore. Moved from Kent Bridge to Stratford, Ontario, got a job in the Kohler Furniture factory, an apartment on the west side near the tracks, and a red electric guitar . . . stayed in the Kult though, I didn't know anything else.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I started planning my escape when I was about 10 or 11. I really made plans to run aways and where I could go. I even remember reading a book about a brother and sister that ran away and lived in an museum. I left within days after turning 18 because I wasn't allowed to leave any sooner. I did move back home twice before I was 23, but that didn't last very long. (It was horrible, unfriendly abusive enviroment.)

My kids 22 & 27, I think this is the first year that at least one of them didn't come home to live, even for a short period. I miss them, and they will always be welcomed back, but for some reason they both think it's important to make it on their own. I want my babies back.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit