Are you afraid?

by YoYoMama 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

~whispers~ "I see troll people."

• Introspection
    Introspection

Okok.. On a more serious note - who was it that said he that seeks to save his soul will lose it...?

• gotcha
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

As a Witness, the focus was always on escaping death and destruction in the hope of future life. The present life was sacrificed for a hope.

Religion seems to play on fear of death and usually holds out some sort of immortality as a way around it.

I used to almost glamorize death and would think often about it. These days I think less about it and concentrate on living. Appreciating the permanance of it all helps me appreciate better those around me and the preciousness of time.

When the generation change happened in 1996 and finally sank in, like others I realized that I was going to die. That moment was particularly disturbing for me, because I had not considered that obvious fact before.

I think many Witnesses know they are gambling the present life for a future one and many are scared when they see death on the horizon because they know what they have given up and who really knows for sure whether the hope will be realized?

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit