-Turns out I was ALWAYS an "apostate".

by Awakened07 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I guess my apostate thinking really got a great start with the Revelation book when it was used at the bookstudies. Something just didn't seem right when all those plagues, and the two witnesses, etc, written by John centuries and centuries ago would apply to a certain time in WT history, especially during the days of Judge Rutherford. Oh and the invisible beginning of rulership by Jesus in 1914, the fall of Babylon the Great in 1919, the spritual cleansing of God's people in 1918. I kept asking myself, how can you put dates on things like this? How can such imperfect human thinking work with all these glorious things happening in heaven and apply it to Jehovah's witnesses? HOW did they know with such certainty that things happened at the dates they said they did?

• skyking
    skyking

I was allways told that my thinking was going to get me in trouble one of these days.

Thank God I was able to think.

• Borgia
    Borgia

How dangerous being a truthful human is:

- we have independent thinking that let's us astray - we have conscience that misguides us - we have a hart that is treacherous to us - we have our sinful flesh that leads us into temptation - we have a ravaging tongue

Happy apostate!

Cheers

Borgia

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

When I was 10, I decided to read the Bible cover to cover (at my stepmother's suggestion). Some questions started popping up immediately. LIke, why did God have to make Eve from one of Adam's ribs? Couldn't he have just started fresh like he did with Adam? Why did God have to wipe out wickedness with a worldwide flood? Wouldn't it have been easier to just zap Adam and Eve and start over? Why did all the animals have to die? What did they do? When I got to the Jewish laws in Exodus, then the questions started really coming. Why is there a test for a woman's virginity at marriage, but not a man's? Why is there a test for an adulteress woman but not for a man? Why is a woman unclean for twice as long when she gives birth to a female child as opposed to a male child? If menstruation is unclean and seminal emissions than why did God make them? For a perfect law, it didn't seem very fair to girls. Of course, such is the logic of a 10 year old girl. Once it was all explained to me by the WTBTS, then it made perfect sense! Yeah right!.

I don't know if that was the beginning of apostate leanings or just common sense.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit