To all of you who continue to "cover your tracks" and are still in ((HUGS))

by Lady Liberty 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Friends,

There are so many here with circumstances that will not allow them to leave the Borg, and who week after week have to put on a show, and go to the meetings and service, that I just wanted to send you a big (((HUG)) for hangng in there.

Though each situation is no doubt different, one thing most likely the same..you would leave if you could,, and you have to endure all the things being taught each week, that you have come to learn are lies! I don't know how you do it! But we are glad you are here!! So here's to all of you...(((HUGS)))!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Dear Friends,

There are so many here with circumstances that will not allow them to leave the Borg, and who week after week have to put on a show, and go to the meetings and service, that I just wanted to send you a big (((HUG)) for hangng in there.

Though each situation is no doubt different, one thing most likely the same..you would leave if you could,, and you have to endure all the things being taught each week, that you have come to learn are lies! I don't know how you do it! But we are glad you are here!! So here's to all of you...(((HUGS)))!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Very sweet post, LL, and my heart goes out to them as well, though in all honesty, I do wonder if in the majority of cases, its fear holding people in, more than anything else. But perhaps, I am just a different personality type. I couldn't do it, pretending is something that would absolutely suck the soul right out of me. It's impossible to know what anyone's personal situation is and I don't presume to say they should or can leave, I just sincerely wonder what the tole is on one's mental health to continue living what they know to be false for the sake of family and friends, year after year.

Thank god, no god, something, that they do have JWD, as a safe place to come and vent their hurt, frustration and heartbreak. To all those living in such a situation you have my respect for doing what I know I could never do. It takes alot of love to suffer thru and tow the line for your loved ones, I am sure of that.

• oompa
    oompa
    Sweetstuff: But perhaps, I am just a different personality type.

Perhaps??? Perhaps??? Plus your Canadian!!!!!..........lol........................oompa

ps---I am OUT to most family and real close friends and no longer attend....and I am leaning toward never attending again....although have ruled out once in a blue Canadian moon.........don't think I could fake the memorial though as it creeps me out

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Perhaps??? Perhaps??? Plus your Canadian!!!!!..........lol........................oompa

ps---I am OUT to most family and real close friends and no longer attend....and I am leaning toward never attending again....although have ruled out once in a blue Canadian moon.........don't think I could fake the memorial though as it creeps me out

LOL, now what's that supposed to mean Oompa? Plus I am Canadian? LMAO

Glad to hear you are thinking of not attending ever again, you can show your wife you love her in much better ways. Best way to show her they are wrong, IMO, is to be as wonderful and romantic a husband as you can be. Make her think about it, that you haven't turned into some monster for not attending, but are even more dedicated and adoring towards her.

Pm me if you want tips on how to do that, lol!

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Lady Liberty,

You have always been so understanding of those who still pretend to be JW's in order

to save mariages and to be with witness family members. Those of us who still

go to meetings have the inside track on what is going on in the borg so that we can

share this with others on this forum.

TBTS

• oompa
    oompa
    Sweetstuff: Best way to show her they are wrong, IMO, is to be as wonderful and romantic a husband as you can be. Make her think about it, that you haven't turned into some monster for not attending, but are even more dedicated and adoring towards her.

Pm me if you want tips on how to do that, lol!

No PM girl...You can start a montly column:

Sweetstuffs Guide For

How to be a Wonderful, Romantic,

Dedicated and Adoring Husband

..........just oompa

• fairyfoxx2007
    fairyfoxx2007

Its funny this post reminded me of how difficult I make my life to not make my family uncomfortable. Mind you, I haven't attended KH since 1999. Last month (November) I had a costume party. (being that my fam is JW active, I did the party so the kids could dress up in costumes). They mentioned to me wanting to dress up in costumes. Even I struck a deal with my kid not to take her trick or treating if we had this party. (I was afraid my mom would find out.) Last year I had the guts to put up an xmas tree on xmas eve and we took it down 3 days later. (I was afraid my mom would stop by).

So yes, I am afraid, I can't imagine my world without my mom in it. My mother has been a steadfast JW since 1959, she's 62. Growing up we never missed a meeting. She was a single mom and did the best she could with us (which I think was pretty darn good) and I sometimes think that celebrating any holiday is a betrayal to her. But then not letting my daughter experience the "magic" is a betrayal to her childhood...

My huband, a non- confirmed catholic thinks Im a coward. H doesn't understand the hold she has on me, for god's sake Im a woman with my own life and home. Why should she have so much power over me????

Maybe because I "tore out her heart and did the mexican hat dance on it when I got disfellowshipped for "fornication" with my boyfriend come husband at the young age of 17. I remember how hurt she was, she even grasped at her clothing, like a figure from the old testament. I can't bear to do that to her again and yet"...

here we are debating about when to put up the tree, I haven't gotten the nerve to put it up yet. Last year was on impulse, this year, I don't know. She already said she won't be coming over if I do it, I figured I should tell her that my husband and I were "thinking about it". Does anyone have any advice they could share? THanks.

• Borgia
    Borgia

LL,

Thanks for your post...............AND THE HUGS!!!!!!

Cheers

Borgia

• dawg
    dawg

Did you guys ever think that by your staying in you're giving those trapped reasons to believe the borg is still true? WHat if everyone stood up all at once and said this is all bullshit?

How do you know that things wouldn't change? This is, in my opinion Lady Liberty so don't tesar me a new one, why this organizatin continues? Simple, it has folowers,a nd most of you fade instead of saying what you really feel....

I know this is in no way comparable, but hear me out... there's a bridge not far from here and they lynched 6 african americans from it's trusses. I used to wonder what I'd done had I been there that day... what id more people had spoken up that day? Now here we all stand knowing this is all bullshit, knowing that thousands will suffer, won't get educations, committ suicide, lose their famlies.. bbut we say nothing? We know the real hurt this organizatoin does its' followers, and we know it's bull, but we do nothing? I just don't get that? Don't we all owe it to others?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm still in and have often thought of getting out. But, I don't see any reason for me to be DFd or DAd from my friends and family. Yes, I'll be warm and fuzzy and say that I want to help my family see that WTBTS isn't God-on-Earth. If you're not respecting me for that, I have a sizable enough inheritance that I don't want to see given to pay for the Watchtower lawsuits.

Besides, while I'm in this position, I'm able to pass on plenty of inside information to help others escape. Don't worry, I'm donating $0 to WWW, and I 'round up' my service time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit