Comments You Will Not Hear at the WT Study (12/2 CONSCIENCE)

by V 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• V
    V

Your comments are appreciated too! Thanks for all the support.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is another fallacy. They are talking about a child's sense of fairness. If someone cuts the line, and they are old enough to understand that cutting the line is wrong, then it is definitely unfair. The other children are now more likely to miss their turn on the swings because of the one that cut the line, and they will have to wait that much longer. It cost them something, and they are going to feel the loss.

What does this have to do with doing Jehovah's will? Nothing--hence the fallacy. Unlike those children that waited in line, Jehovah is not going to lose anything if I choose not to screech around at 160+ MPH in field circus for 20 hours a day. Since He could have got the stones to do the work (at that, with much less chance of baubling), nothing is lost. And, society loses nothing if I choose to create value and improve society instead of wasting time in field circus. There is nothing unfair about that.

What is unfair is being expected to do field circus, at great hardship to oneself, instead of living to one's potential. Children that have to stay at boasting sessions way past their bedtimes when they have tests the next day or that are unable to complete homework because of too much field circus are subject to needless hardship for nothing. As are those who do not go to college because they are ordered to pioneer in lieu of finding a decent job. They are being harmed, without being paid for it. Those lucky enough to have spouses in the Tower are putting off children due to Armageddon's nearness when it keeps getting pushed back. How fxxxing fair is that?

• garybuss
    garybuss
    17) Of course, we are in a better situation now. We have the entire Bible

(written by Jewish Rabbis, added to by Catholics, canonized by Catholics, hand copied by Catholics, preserved by Catholics, and stored at the Catholic Church headquarters.)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    we can be resolved to choose associates and an environment that will affect our conscience in a good way. A key step is regularly being with devoted Christians who have long tried to be like their Father. Congregation meetings, including association before and after them, provide excellent opportunities for that. We can note the Bible-based thinking and reactions of fellow Christians, including their readiness to listen as their conscience echoes God's outlook and ways. Over time, this can help us to harmonize our own conscience with Bible principles, bringing us closer to God's image. When we attune our inner voice to our Father's principles and yield to the good influence of fellow Christians, our conscience will be more reliable and we will be more inclined to listen to what it says.

As V eloquently described , the constant attendance at meetings, study and association will train our conscience, yes but train it in tune with Watchtower dogma. This could be any exclusive sect talking.."View the world as evil , trust ourselves only, stick with us and be brought to God"...What did they recently print about "independant study"? Bible study by itself was cautioned against, it has to be filtered through the publications of the WTS in order to be acceptable..

I liked V''s concluding comments..Have you been to the same Kindom Hall as me? In fact the conductors these days try to stifle answerers who try to inject a bit of something into the meeting. Either they are control freaks, or they are unable to deal with different answers. Roll on next week and the "day by day situations"

• minimus
    minimus

Gary, so true!

V, good to see this up!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Aha!!!!!!

So this is where it's coming from!!! I had the unfortunate luck to speak with two JW relatives this week that launched into speeches about "conscience." I listened politely, which seemed to make them nervously continue. Amazingly, they spoke with such zeal it's like they had learned the secret of life rather than regurgitating 50 year old JW dogma. My mother even went into the spiel about the difference between humans and animals, the JW definition. *sigh*

(shiver) Remembering myself spewing the same fascinating information.

Thanks for posting the WT study.

• V
    V
    BluesBrother: Roll on next week and the "day by day situations"

Actually I am excited to announce that Richie Rich will be conducting next week's study. I have his comments in my gloved hands and he ...dare I say...is "getting a head" of the organisation.

Dagney: it's like they had learned the secret of life rather than regurgitating 50 year old JW dogma.

Next weeks article leads you to believe that JWs can have different opinions, but it all boils down to the lowest common denominator - the strictest conscience in the group. If you aren't a hardliner, then your conscience needs more training.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Thanks V...from your comments I assume you no longer believe there is a Creator?

• V
    V
    TopHat: from your comments I assume you no longer believe there is a Creator?

Thank you very much for asking. I know the tone of the Comments makes me sound like a rabid athiest. In actuality I am a "dogmatic agnostic," very happy not to know for sure.

My sometimes harsh statements about God-of-the-Bible are made for two reasons:

1. I believe that recovering Jehovah's Witnesses have to fully deconstruct their idea of God before they can ever frame a viewpoint of their existance. This requires an unblinking analysis of what the Bible actually says about God compared to what the Watchtower tells you what to believe.
    2. The Watchtower regularly uses flawed examples in the Bible to push its agenda. I pull the pants off these half-truths to show that JWs are ignoring the context of these examples.

I hope that answers your concern.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I like your reasoning and just love the format you provide because it is so easy to save and print out for future reference when the false prophets come 'a calling with their demon doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit