HOW S**T SCARED ARE THE BORG AT THE INTERNET!???

by shell69 16 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With sites like this, they are scared sxxxless. And it's not just here. MySpace and sites like it also have religious discussion sections, and people usually come closer to the truth than the religious leaders (even when they don't hit it right on the nose). And there are sites written and maintained by apostates that expose the Watchtower Society for the scam it really is.

And it's quicker. It takes about an hour for two Witlesses to do a block on a street. In that time, I could reach the equivalent of a whole city by posting just once. And that will continue reaching people long after I "go in" (by logging off or closing out this forum for the session).

The worst for them is, once a person sees the exposed truth, they are not going to want to go back. That is why they put so much emphasis on avoiding apostates, and now even mainstream media is going to be bashed and demonized. You can put up the illusion, and until someone rats you out, people will fall for it. But all it takes is one person to see through it, and they will point it out to others. And that will kill the illusion.

• JH
    JH

Years ago, I remember the look on their faces when I said, "I go on the "Internet"

As far as I'm concerned, most JW's have a computer and the internet these days. Information is just a click away.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My, how times have changed. Back in 1991, I was going to say "the internet" if I was asked where I got the scans of old Watchtower literature....that actually sounded like a safe, respectable source of information. In those pre-WWW days, the "internet" was mainly stuff like Gopher and information databases like Loansome Doc and Medline (okay, usenet too :)), not a denizen of "apostates" from the perspective of a typical JW today.

• observador
    observador
    Can someone post the image?

screaming woman

• carla
    carla

My jw seems able to differentiate between using the internet for business and other things but if it concerns the jw's it's all lies. Same with the news, he is addicted to news but if there is a jw piece it must be some apostate who 'got' to a reporter or something. How insane is that?

Then there is the ever famous, 'there is no need to look elsewhere I get everything I need from the brothers'.

• metatron
    metatron

I don't think they are that afraid of the internet. I think they see it as a continuing annoyance and problem but they fail to discern its

strategic importance in defeating the organization.

metatron

• Mary
    Mary

I think they are very afraid of the internet for obvious reasons: They cannot control what someone is reading in the privacy of their own home and to any high control group/cult, not being able to control the flow of information is the biggest threat they face. That's why the internet is mentioned at almost every assembly in derogetory terms: It's all from Satan, apostates are on there, blah, blah, blah.......

To any bully like the WTS who can only exist through fear and control, not being able to control the R&F's lives 100% threatens their power over you and they'll try and move heaven and earth to prevent that. It should be interesting to see what the next 10 years bring with regards to the WTS and the internet. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went completely mental and order Witnesses to get rid of their computers altogether.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit