Golden Compass Movie, to be avoided?

by cab1000 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

If any of you decide to go, could you save a seat for an ex mormon? I'm gunna see it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

*Makes note to see this movie*

• Satanus
    Satanus

Banning it will make more people see it than if they hadn't said anything.

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wanna see it...more now

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I had never heard of it prior to seeing the trailor at Enchanted last week. It looks fascinating! I'll definately see it.

• Mum
    Mum

Celebrate freedom! Read banned books and see movies that do not soothe the mind and/or reinforce preconceived notions.

See you at the cinema,

SandraC

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Here is the official trailer link, I can't wait to see it!!

http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thanks to the Governing Body for disgusting me to the point...I'm no longer afraid of exposing my mind to new, alternative thoughts.

Ah, Freedom...! If JW, Catholic and other fundamentalist church leaders think it's 'dangerous'...it must be a good movie and book to see. We'll be there !

The Rabbits

• yknot
    yknot

Not from the Podium directly perse.....but cautioned about "intent" of entertainment.

The movie theater in my town(rurally isolated) has already decided not to hold any showings. This has been going around the JW grapevine as with other denoms

Y

• cab1000
    cab1000

Interesting. I will wait until rental time, but I am curious what all the fuss is about. I am a reader, so I'll have to look this book series up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit