do you mind me asking why you are not interesred in the truth

by looloo 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

You have heard of Christ and the Anti- Christ right? Well there is true and the anti-truth=JWs.

• erynw
    erynw

Seems looloo started two threads, both blank, but I found this on the other thread:

looloo says:

sorry this is in the wrong place , at least it will give rosalee something to pick on me about again though lol , that is the question a poor elder who knocked on my mothers door made the mistake of asking her she replied that the court case for the man who had abused her non jw grandaughter and jw members when he was a min servant was approaching and had the elders reported him to the police years ago we would not be in this horrible situation, is that a good reason why im not interested ? the poor man knew who she was talking about and after apologising for our situation bid a hasty retreat . needless to say jws do not knock on her door anymore !
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was always taught "There are at least three sides to every story -one persons side, the other persons side and some other version"

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Because the Truth is not the Truth, simple isn't it

And I was born into it, so I should know

What it is though is a bunch of contrived lies to orchestrate power and money to some very corrupt ignorant men

There is nothing truthful about these lies and conjecture, so to follow them would be disruptive and damaging to the individual and the personal character of those who partake in them.

• erynw
    erynw

Guys, reread my post above. looloo goofed and posted the same blank post twice, but she/he posted about an experience his/her mother had when a JW asked his/her mother that question.

IT'S A GOOD POST!

Heck, here it is again:

FROM LOOLOO:

sorry this is in the wrong place , at least it will give rosalee something to pick on me about again though lol , that is the question a poor elder who knocked on my mothers door made the mistake of asking her she replied that the court case for the man who had abused her non jw grandaughter and jw members when he was a min servant was approaching and had the elders reported him to the police years ago we would not be in this horrible situation, is that a good reason why im not interested ? the poor man knew who she was talking about and after apologising for our situation bid a hasty retreat . needless to say jws do not knock on her door anymore !
  • ninja
    ninja

looloo.....are you a siamese toilet?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

As dawg said, we are interested in truth.

Just because a religious system repeatedly calls itself the truth does not make it so.

It is the job on anybody searching for truth to examine everything, leave no stone unturned. Dogmatic answers from authorities are not acceptable (i'm sure you don't believe everything the Catholic Church says, even though it's claimed authority states that you should!).

There is one rule. That we examine the Watchtower organization with the same kind of skepticism that the JWs encourage others to look at their own faith.

We check to see if they are making accurate claims about history, science, and archeology. We see if what they claim to have happened in their history as a religion actually happened or not.

IN other words, we look at what the Watchtower claims and see if it is really true!

Don't just accept that something is the truth because somebody told you so. Test what they teach you. How else could you ever know if it really is what it claims to be?

• lesterd
    lesterd

Thats kind of a paradoxical question, or is it a statement about those who have left the org? I am always in search of more truth. THE truth is not the sould postion of any one person or organization. One one can stand in the full light of truth and say Im there, I made it, know it, practice it.

• erynw
    erynw

Well, no one can say I didn't try looloo. I loved your story.

• IT Support
    IT Support

I'm passionate about the truth, which is why i'm no longer a JW ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit