do you mind me asking why you are not interesred in the truth

by looloo 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looloo
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am interested in the truth, but the religion of my parents lacked truthfulness.

Cheers

Chris

• looloo
    looloo

i agree with you , im not a undercover dub just computer illiterate lol read the other one ive adjusted it sorry

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

depends which truth you mean - my truth, your truth, their truth or THE truth.

I think anyone classing their set of beliefs as THE definitive and ONLY truth is rather arrogant - after all we cant be totally sure can we? Even science has proved changeable as new learning occurs.

I have finally decided that the ONLY absolute truth I can believe in is some basic maths (further maths becomes less clear).

So I am interested in THE truth, but im not interested in anyone who claims they have a monopoly on it. In fact I have now decided that anyone who claims to be the sole provider of THE truth should be avoided for the very reason that their thinking cannot be logical and reasonable.

• dawg
    dawg

I'm interested in the truth

I NOT interested in men who've built mansions for returning prophets, made false predictions after another, pried in personal bedrooms of maried couples, made up all kinds of things that someone can get disfellowshipped for, made up rules that don't come from the Bible....and then tell me that quesioning them is on par with questioning God....

This makes the JWs NOT the truth, just a pack of lies thank yuo very much.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Looloo - still don't see the original post.

Jeff

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm also interested in the truth. But not the Truth, as Jehovah's Witnesses claim they have.

Let me put a warning in with my welcome, that's a dangerous question to ask here. Prepare yourself.

momz

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

I noticed that you said the truth. If you had quoted it like "the truth" I would know that you meant the org known as Jehovah's Witnesses and their doctrine as of November 29, 2007. But since you didn't, I'm assuming you mean actual truth, like facts, and accurate information. That being the case, I am interested in the truth, but I'm not interested in 'the truth' aka Jehovah's Witnesses. Could you please specify whether you mean people who have given up their search for truth or people who have given up association with the WTS? If its the former, I have no reply, but if its the latter, the reasons are many.

• erynw
    erynw

edited by me. Didn't see the double thread. See my post below.

Good on your mom!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I love truth.

That's why I resigned as an elder and am now inactive.

I could no longer teach things that were expressly false.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit