What makes a person lean on one side rather than the other side?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I believe we are all different and have our own paths to follow. With that said, we need to focus on our own growth. We can love others but cannot control their decisions and choices in life.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

some are more easily hypnotized than others... it has a lot to do with trust. you cannot break free of the hypnotic trance until you stop trusting the hypnotist[s]. JWs lock people in and warn against TRUSTING anyone else. the enemy is all around, even members of your own family, etc... NEVER trust apostates. unlike brainwashing, hypnosis is always voluntary on some level, the desire to be CONviNcED is very powerful.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Umm, the way the guy's member leans? Sorry, i couldn't help it.

S

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

People are afraid to admit they were duped. It makes people look rather naive and really stupid.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I know for me it was fear of the unknown.I wanted to leave years before I did.My goal when I was a kid was to move out at 18 and never talk to my family again.That didn't happen.I guess it's a good thing it didn't because I'm a lot older now and I have a good relationship with my parents.

When it came down to leaveing home and never seeing my family again I was affraid because they were all I knew.So I stayed at home and I stayed a JW.I ended up getting baptized at 19 almost 20.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Sometimes people lean a certain way,because they have too many coins in one pocket..Or ..They`re drunk..Sometimes it`s a combination of both.....Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• erandir
    erandir

um...maybe the spinal column is misaligned. I had this problem, but the chiropracter fixed me up.

oh...wait...i didn't read the comments before posting.

Maybe it has to do with what the witnesses call the "heart condition." I call it personality type...gullible and ignorant vs independent, critical thinker.

Maybe it's self-esteem issues.

Who knows. There are many text books on psychology having to do with this kind of thing.

• XOCO
    XOCO

as some of u may know that i'm a dub still and i've stared to do some research about jw and how i'm totally confused about the rev.climax book and its teachings and artwork. by being apart of this site i'm learning the new colorful fluorescent light compared to the black and white incandescent ones that burn out every year lol. also as someone had mention some wont leave unless they ever have personal wrongdoing done towards them. i fall into that catogorie. for some reason it been a year since i prayed to jah probably with school and work and issues of a non-jw dad and all it probably cause me to stop praying. I ask myself on several occasions do i really love jah and is he really, really real to me? but sometimes i feel the question i should be asking do i really love the org (WT) and what it stands for as jehovahs man-made channel? when i look into the faces of the bros and sis of the congo i don't feel hate or animosity towards them or anyone. I remember in times of need they always helped my mom and me when it was my father's responsibility to take care of the needs of the family things like this alway run in my mind when i look or think about the friends and how they help us weather a little or a lot. i always start to breakdown and cry because of it. I fear the worst if i leave and think about how i will go about my way to find peace and make amends with my mom, i mean out of all the things that i can do wrong it can really devastate her if i left the truth and she (mom) knowing that i will die at armageddon. its really sad (tears rollin down XOCO face), its harder now that i am typing this and lookin at it in this perspective. but i have a choice to make either to serve jah with my whole soul heart and mind or the WT with my whole soul hear and mind. i just don't want to reain in a spiritual limbo if u get what i mean.

thx for reading XOCO

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think people will follow blindly until, as mentioned earlier, something affects them directly. Then they will start thinking.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

We all know the issues of mind control, cognitive dissonance that stop people leaving. However the real difference is that most people are followers, they do not want to know any different, they simply want to be told what to believe and do.

In The True Believer, a book on mass movements, Eric Hoffer suggests at least a third of the population are "true believers." They are joiners and followers, people who want to give away their power, looking for answers, meaning, and enlightenment outside themselves. This type of person is "not intent on bolstering and advancing a cherished self, but are those craving to be rid of unwanted self." This type of person is "eternally incomplete and eternally insecure!" and can easily be transformed into fanatics who will gladly work and die for their holy cause whether politics, churches, businesses or social cause groups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit