What makes a person lean on one side rather than the other side?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Some people, even if they hear the facts, will still remain JW's. You can talk about all the wrongdoings the Watchtower did in the past, as well as all the flip flops they made throughout the years, and still, most remain blind to this.

A few, on the other hand, will start to question their faith and put it to test.

What makes a person lean on one side, rather than on the other ?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think most JWs will defend and make excuses for the watchtower society until something touches their lives personally.

W

• JH
    JH

Thats very true what you said, cause that's what happened to me....

• changeling
    changeling

Personality type, life experience, level of eduaction, years "in", if family is "in", fear...

changeling

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Well, nothing 'happened' to me or my family.

I simply got old enough to think about it. And so I did.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Intellectual honesty and integrity raise questions .

Blind faith continues under the delusion that God desires obedience over use of the faculties we've been given.

Honesty is more than telling the truth or not stealing folks. It requires looking at things under the strength of their own merit and not just accepting what is given.

Integrity means being true to your own nature and not subjugating it to anothers will or opinion , doing what is right no matter what the cost.

To have integrity one must be aware of ones own self fully . If you don't now what you need or where your motivations really come from, chances are integrity is not something you possess.

Beliefs are incidental opinions , they don't really have any value. Core principles , ethics , values . These trancend personal beliefs , they are the unspoken testiments of the greatness within a human being.

Opinions kill people everyday . Values don't

• beksbks
    beksbks

An uneven floor??

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sorry for the above flipancy. I think sometimes it has to do with how much they have to lose, in real terms, if they doubt.

• flipper
    flipper

Fear of change, fear of rejection by witness relatives , and being controlled to not think and not being allowed to use their critical reasoning abilities because of being told what to think, prevents many from leaving the Jehovah's Witness cult.

To be able to leave, a person has to be of strong character , able to think critically and examine the " scam " in the information control process the witnesses use. Otherwise a person will stay in a mind control stupor . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Some people go through life asleep.

Some people wake up.

What wakes up one person may not wake up another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit