Merry Xmas to all!

by sweetstuff 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Christmas time is coming,
    We no longer dread its call,
    We will finally have ourselves a tree decorated to the tee
    Without worrying or fretting who may see.
    Freedom has a newfound joy for us, at this special time of year
    To watch our children's glee we will surely shed a tear.
    No more wistful looking beyond the window pane,
    Wondering what it must be like.
    So deck the hall and light the tree,
    And enjoy Christmas to its full,
    Now that we have escaped from what we know is bull.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We can also enjoy that eggnog, peppermint stick and eggnog ice cream, those holiday candies and treats, and candy canes without worrying about if doing so amounts to celebrating Christmas. No more having to find that plain "Peppermint Stick" sign and hope that the embellished one won't stumble someone else.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    No more having to find that plain "Peppermint Stick" sign and hope that the embellished one won't stumble someone else.

Mmm, so true. LOL Thank "God" Xmas is coming. Oh those Gerhaldi Peppermint Chocolates, mmmm.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Or we can go around saying,"Bah Humbug!" without worrying that someone will know we watched "A Christmas Carol." Happy Holidays!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    ,"Bah Humbug!" without worrying that someone will know we watched "A Christmas Carol

LOL, I agree HH, Bah Humbug is right, a classic!

• *summer*
    *summer*
    We can also enjoy that eggnog

Don't forget the rhum...the darker, the better:-)

Have a great Holiday Season...with all the trimmings!

*summer*

• Maddie
    Maddie

SWEETSTUFF - You made me get a lump in my throat with your post. I did enjoy Christmas when I was young and not being married to a JW meant it still went on in my house although I had to try not to be a part of it which caused problems with my husband. I really hope you and every poster a really wonderful Christmas to make up for all the ones you didn't have.

Maddie

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Merry Christmas!

momz

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

SWEETSTUFF - You made me get a lump in my throat with your post. I did enjoy Christmas when I was young and not being married to a JW meant it still went on in my house although I had to try not to be a part of it which caused problems with my husband. I really hope you and every poster a really wonderful Christmas to make up for all the ones you didn't have.

Maddie

Awww, come here Maddie, (((((Hugs))))), I have been celebrating for the last hmm, 6 years, but only have put up a tree and all the trimmings for the last 4. It does make me get a lump every year watching my girls open their gifts, the excitement in their eyes. I will never know what that feels like, but they will never know what it doesn't feel like and that makes me so happy, no words do it justice.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Merry Christmas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit