A letter to God

by Tyrone van leyen 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

but I think some things just come with age Gracey.

You may be right on there sweetie But I didnt get it till 1989 ....I was born in 1927 But I hope you get it before that age ....
    I laughed at your Gracey !!! My Mum & Dad used to call me that when they were mad at me>>>> Are you mad at me LOL

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

You may be right on there sweetie But I didnt get it till 1989 ....I was born in 1927 But I hope you get it before that age ....
    I laughed at your Gracey !!! My Mum & Dad used to call me that when they were mad at me>>>> Are you mad at me LOL

Who could be mad at you? Seriously? Who?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Who could be mad at you? Seriously? Who?

A few thousand Jehovahs Witnesses for one!!!!
    But your a sweetie to say it

• White Dove
    White Dove
    Good letter. I, too, am considering the hereafter as possible reincarnation. So many had these experiences to be discounted.
  • White Dove
    White Dove
    Could it be that the real god is allowing us to learn our life lessons before "graduating" to the next life lesson? No interference, just learning. And since life starts over and over again through out time, some lessons can be awfully hard to deal with? How does that sound? Just trying out some thoughts here.
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned

A few thousand Jehovahs Witnesses for one!!!!
    But your a sweetie to say it

They don't count because I don't think they really love themselves... Once you start loving yourself, you realize you don't have to stick in a guilt-based organization to have worth. Ooops, now I'm getting preachy...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Your thoughts have been the thoughts of many seeking the meaning of life! You know the weather systems that bring a typhoon to your area or send it up the coast on a path no one really knows for sure. The theory that it will have times when it is balanced and just one small event will send it one way or the other - maybe a beat of a butterflies wing send it back out to sea! It is chaos theory! It seems in all of our lives! One small event or thought in the head of someone in our family. Should I go with this religion? Should I have unprotected sex with this person? Should I marry this person? All begin as a single thought in a persons head and unless there is a butterfly in there to get you to follow your heart, likely you will allow a choice to fix itself to you that has knock on effects for the rest of your days. Chaos theory - small events with big consequences. And when you sit in the wreckage of the typhoon of your life nobody listens when you say how it all started out. You're in a blame yourself situation which is already bad so blaming yourself doesn't exactly make you feel inspired to sort out all the garbage left behind - I mean what's worse than clearing up piles of garbage and everyone around refusing to help and giving you the look and the mouth? Chaos theory also sends the breath of life of each child where it will. You could pop out the queens privates in a palace or a velvet skinned African in a mud house carrying water everyday to go with the aids running through her veins. There is no good or evil in these events. They are like numbers on a lottery. Life is a lottery and then you die! Look around the world and neighborhood at everyones life apart from your own. It is hard to see it any other way. I hear people say justice catches up with everyone in some way or other. But that is false! Why is a baby born deformed or diseased and dead within its first five years? In the same way there are some who live a depression free life with more than they could ever want of everything they wish. It is a beat of a wing in an unknown place that sent that breath of life to one place or another. And humans being what they are just can't accept that so they concoct theories about how each person must have had a previous life and this is why they suffer now. It is all guesswork to hang on to the idea that justice is happening in front of us even though what we see is the opposite. It is a way of ignoring the truth before our eyes! It is to accept what you are and help it grow. But as others keep trampling it underfoot you find it harder to want to get back up and carry on. It is why I prefer to defer on my own account but hold on reluctantly for a flap of small wings that may be needed by others!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Good comments. No I'm not mad at you. I called you Gracie cuz it reminded me of George Burns wife. He always used to say good night Gracie, at the end of his show. Grace was also the name of one of my first bad crushes. She didn't care for me though. Gracie sounds more fun!

Yes White Dove I beleive we are here to learn. Some folks don't learn though. Thats the real tradgedy of life. Anger is a very strong blockage to emotional maturity and its very tough to overcome.

R. Crusoe. When you feel sick, or very depressed you don't think the same. I tend to worry more. I like your chaos idea. I just wish I knew if we have some say in what we become in our journey. Wishing isn't good enough for me. Faith isn't good enough According to some Near death experience survivors we do have a say though

The evidence around , I agree, doesn't seem to have anything related to why or what this all leads to. That is where the fear comes in. That is why I wrote this letter. Fear. How can you really love what you don't know. You can certainly fear the unknown. That's for sure! If there is no guiding force behind this lottery, than any nightmare could be yours if your unlucky enough to get the short straw. When I look around me and think God is the creator and see people suffer it makes me angry at him. I want peace. Can I find it with this framework of thought? I don't know but I want the truth.

I tend to beleive even without God that all things are energy. Theres good and theres bad. One would think Good energy goes to a good place and bad energy goes to a bad place. The problem is though, what if it doesn't work that way? Perhaps in keeping infinite balance if I was Al capone in this life, next one, I will be a saint. Many complex stories have been fabricated to appease these fears throughout the millinea, but the truth is, their are many things which we have no power over.

Seeing death as just death when we were witnesses, made life a little simpler. The worst that could happen is you wouldn't exist no more. What if everything you do here counts for whatever level or lifeform you will become on the next journey? What a game! Wherever I go I just hope that if I am an intelligent form of life, that I go where love is. Sometimes I think ignorance truly is bliss.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It may be helpful to take the final plunge beyond judgment: Good energy versus bad energy? Maybe it's more like the "positive" and "negative" poles on a battery - in a technical sense, one is not "good" nor the other "bad", they are two ends of a natural process.

Maybe there is only "energy". Maybe it takes our judgmental minds to "make" it good or bad.

"Out beyond wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.
    "When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about.
    "Ideas, language, even the phrase 'each other'
    "Doesn't make any sense." -Rumi

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Void eater I think being shunned has really effected how I see myself. It was that judgement that made all my fears intensify. A paradigm shift if you will.

I see your point in the battery analogy. I wish it were that simple. Thats why I posted those links on "near death". Sometime I think the essensce of who we are, survives, and consciousness can exist beyond our bodies. I have been looking into the paranormal lately as well. In my "letter to God I wrote about those shadow creatures I saw when I was a kid. I was fully conscious when I saw that. I can't say for sure what it was, but I think some enities that lack substance and become shadows that are evil, is because they did not have substance in this world in their souls. There are other forms of entities that are more playful and have been photgraphed as light orbs or whitish cloudlike aparitions. These are things I can relate to as some form of evidence that something happens after we die. I will give you an amazing link on the next post of exactly what I saw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit