CHRISTMAS TREE DAY!

by Dansk 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi folks,

Claire, the children and I will be celebrating our 4th Christmas this year after exiting the cult. We have decided to put our tree up on 1st December. We just lurve Christmas and once the tree is up the whole atmosphere in the house becomes even happier

When are you putting your tree up?

Ian

• Trygon
    Trygon

Possibly during the weekend. I already helped my fellow leaders out putting up the massive Christmas tree in the Scout hut on Friday. Surprisingly it didn't make much mess considering it was a real tree. The worse part was getting the decorations and lights on, which Kelvin and Phil almost killed themselves doing. And I ended up walking under a ladder several times so I'll proberly get smote by bad luck any time soon. :P

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

We put ours up on Thanksgiving Day. You're right, what a nice atmosphere it makes in the house. Whoever gets home first plugs in the lights, we love the blinking lights! Hey we made ornaments, I'll start a topic on how to make these awesome colored glass ornaments. . .

• south african beef
    south african beef

Even though Bubble and I have been out of the troof for over 5 years, last year was our first proper Xmas, with the tree, decorations, presents the lot. It was great!

Tree will be going up soon.

Great news for me is that my daughter (who lives with her mum, my ex) wants to come round on Christmas day to join in - that is a first for me and I am overjoyed.

SAB

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Hi Ian

We will putting ours up this weekend as well, this will be our 2nd Chrismas.

I am not sure what other lights my wife has bought to adorn our house with but I reckon it will be more than last year. It will be all very tasteful though, that I do know.

She was brought up a JW and loves Christmas, so glad our little one doesn't have to miss out.

Also, he has a part in the nursery Nativity, I am going to be so proud and I reckon we will shed a tear or too.

• Gill
    Gill

This is an ongoing discussion in our house. The last five years we have sneaked our pot grown, outside loving christmas tree upstairs into a corner of our bedroom on the last day of the school term. We have kept our blinds shut, so that no passing JW can see it and then, at the end of Christmas sneaked the tree back out in the garden again!

Last year the bloody thing had grown so big that it nearly took three of us out on the stairs, poked my eldest son and daughter in the eye and nearly broke the skateboard we transport it about on! This summer we repotted it into a much bigger plant pot! SO!!! This year, there is NO WAY any of us are risking life and limb to carry this, our traditional tree up the stairs! It's just NOT going to happen!

I am in a beligerent mood and wishing to finally dispose of our JW relatives once and for all......at least some of the time! I want to put the Christmas Tree, fully lit and brightly decorated in the bay window room where it can be seen by all and sundry......trouble is, there's a family wedding coming up! ( complicated and I'm not going into the details here!) Let's just say, my daughters are to be bridesmaids and if we, are DF'd, there may be unpleasant scenes and consequences!

I say bugger it! What better thing can you be DF'd for than having a Christmas tree up! Imagine people asking you why your family refuse to go to the wedding and you tell them that it is because you had a Christmas tree up.

My husband is all for buying the biggest and brightest christmas tree he can find and liberating us once and for all. Trouble is, we're both quite nice people, really.....at least most of the time. And it does seem a shame to upset the my parents forever, once and for all...amen!

But it is just so tempting..........

• Dansk
    Dansk

Ian:

Great news for me is that my daughter (who lives with her mum, my ex) wants to come round on Christmas day to join in - that is a first for me and I am overjoyed.

Great news indeed! Claire and I are really pleased for you all.

Gilberto:

She was brought up a JW and loves Christmas, so glad our little one doesn't have to miss out.

Also, he has a part in the nursery Nativity, I am going to be so proud and I reckon we will shed a tear or too.

Overjoyed at your news, too!

Pioneer:

I'll start a topic on how to make these awesome colored glass ornaments. . .

Wonderful idea!

Gill:

Hilarious post!

I want to put the Christmas Tree, fully lit and brightly decorated in the bay window room where it can be seen by all and sundry

We always put ours in one of the bay windows, with lights up above both bay windows outside. If I could understand better how to post a photograph here I'd photo the tree for all to see. We always have a Victorian theme about it, so the colours are more red and bronze. Claire always decorates it and it looks beautiful!

Ian

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I put mine up on Labor Day weekend. Among other things, I wanted to make sure I had enough ornaments so it would look spectacular and to attract the attention of any Witless that is nosey enough to risk having an accident because of paying more attention to the tree than to the road. I was also intending to waste their time and gas trying to have a judicial hearing to which I would not show up.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so happy for you all.
    My daughter (susie q) was raised by me as a JW ..you should see her house inside & out!!!
    Santa's!! Christmas trees, reindeers, sleighs! even Reindeer parking sites,lights all around the roof Trees out side ,,,,besides the tree inside.lol
    We live in a small town LOTS of JWS I bet their eyes boggle. She also attends the local Pres church. NEVER BEEN D/F?????( was baptised)
    But I STILL cant do it. I remember what I did to my hubby I know I have told you before but for newbies...
    Every one laughs now !!!!( but me) My husband was not a JW & when I became one & stopped celebrating he continued to manage a lone...( with lots of trouble from Mouthy)
    After struggling in with the great big tree. ALONE! decorating it ALONE( with smirks from mouthy)
    He went to put the angel on the top -stood on the arm of the chair fell into the tree It ALL after hours of work fell to the floor with him in it. I laughed!!!!!

Who can forget what I did to him!!!! I couldnt possibly celebrate ... But it really warms the cockles of my heart to hear so many of you are FREE!!!!! Have a GOOD ONE!!!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Have a GOOD ONE!!!!!

You, too, (((((((((Grace)))))))))!

Saw the video clip of you on YouTube, Grace. Beautifully well put and you looked wonderfully healthy.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit