The irony of a message from my Mother regarding Christmas

by HalfWayThere 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I wanted to say that, as you know all the rubbish about Santa Claus, when you have kids will you allow them to be deceived with this lie? I can you honestly tell you how upsetting it is knowing that you celebrate Xmas yet know it's not a Christian holiday

Maybe you should show her a picture of God's Chosen One's celebrating Christmas, 8 years after claiming they abandoned 'false worship':

BethelChristmas-1.png picture by sam3217

• Gringa
    Gringa

I am sure this has been discussed here before, but I want to share this little story.

My mother, who is 80 was born into the faith.

I was going through an old box of photos and found one of her holding my oldest brother circa 1948 under a Christmas tree. I called her up and questioned her about it. Oh, you didn't know? The GB had new light in 1958 (?). We celebrated Christmas before that....needless, I was shocked to the core.... NOT!!!!

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Mary: I couldn't help myself. Made it into a Xmas card for anyone that wishes to send a card to someone . Strange that they would use the term Xmas instead of Christmas. I should send it to someone I know pretending ignorance that they don't celebrate; as a thoughtful gesture showing the history of the Organization; that he might be impressed. I know, I'm not always nice.

I printed it out, but sorry it came out too small, would have to adjust.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

X is just the short form of Christ in the Greek alphabet I believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit