OMG! OMG! I have some good news!

by erynw 53 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• erynw
    erynw

Finally, right.

Ok. I know this JW lady that I talk to. She doesn't know I am an exJW. Anyway, last Wednesday after the NBC news report, I called her. I said, "Did you see the news?" She said "Yes". I said, "Is it true?" She said, "I don't know."

Anyway, we talked a bit. She said that those trials happened a long time ago and I reminded her that the latest reports are about the coverup. She went into witness mode and told me that if they are required by law to report, yadda yadda yadda. I told her that morality and the protection of innocent children should be the priority, not whether a group of men are required to report. She told me she would ask around and see if she could find out what it was about.

So, fast forward to tonight. She came over and I was armed with a buttload of printouts for her. The transcript from MSNBC, the WTB&TS official statement, a copy of the state by state reporting laws for clergy, a list of WT & Awake articles where the borg says that the media lies to make them look bad, a list of WT & Awake articles where the borg blasted the catholic church for their pedophile problems, the Abhor the Wicked article, all highlighted and underlined in the appropriate places like the good little dub I used to be.

We generally talk about nothing for 30 minutes or so before I bring up anything borg related. She sat down and said "We might as well jump right in it."

So I did. I poured my heart out about how I feel about the cover up. It wasn't pretty and I kept handing her page after page of printouts. She defended the borg a little here and there but I kept bringing the issue of protecting the child to the front of the conversation.

Then she stopped talking and looked at me and said, "I called three different people. Two elders, one in New Hampshire where I know there was an issue, one here, and one.........well.....someone in a much higher position of authority and I got three different answers." Wow, says I. She then said, "Something's not right. If I get three different answers, there's a problem somewhere."

I swear I heard angels singing. OK, so the crack is starting to widen here. I brought up disfellowshipping a pedo as not being a cure, nor justice to the victim. She said that to keep the congregation clean, they have to remove the evil-doer (her words). Very calmly, I said, "Sounds like you guys are ignoring the 1 to save the 99. Didn't Jesus say leave the 99 to save the 1? This seems like a direct contradiction to his teachings."

She stopped dead in her tracks, the sound of the pages of her bible flipping grew silent, the Reasoning book slipped out of her hand onto the table. She slowly turned to look at me and said "Uh.....".

She took all of the printed out pages I had for her with her. She stuck them in her book bag very carefully. She said she was going to talk to the elders and see if she could get some answers from the Society. I said, "What if they tell you to leave it to Jehovah?" She said, "If they don't want to help, I will call them myself."

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That is wonderful, eryn.

Great job!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

WOW!!

Nothing like a well-meaning, friendly call to the ol' Serve-US Desk to clue a thinking JW in to the fact that their actually IS a clergy/laity division; and it will crush any laity member that dares forget the fact.

Won't be long now [crossing fingers] I know EXACTLY which "brother" I hope answers her call. If she says "child abuse" in a female's voice she will probably not get very far at all.

That is excellent news.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• PEC
    PEC

Good work.

Philip

• White Dove
    White Dove

This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and her and hopefully the others she may help. You did awsome work:) Peachy!

Chenoa

• Bryan
    Bryan

Applause, Applause, Applause, Applause

Great job making her think for herself... It'll probably get her disfellowshipped saved.

Best,

Bryan

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Cool, you are awesome!!!

purps

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Wonderful, wonderful news!

Great!

sacrebleu

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Wow! ERYN, YOU'RE AWESOME for doing all that work! I am sure you planted a seed the size of a coconut on her, LOL! Good work!

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

WOW good for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit