Has anyone ever sent mail to the members of the Governing Body?

by What-A-Coincidence 19 Replies latest jw friends

• freyd
    freyd

I did. No reply.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sent mail to the Governing Body????..Those Idiots can Read????.....Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Well, even though I did not get a reply to my letter, I now they read it because it caused the reversal of my disfellowshipping. So, yes, they can read.

• worf
    worf

While battling with the borg in the late 1990's in my situation, I sent letters to various gb members.

All responses came from the evil entity known as the service dept.

Worf

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I wrote individual letters to each of the Governing Body after I found out I had been disfellowshipped for apostasy three months after the local congregation had announced that I had voluntarily disassociated myself. The Presiding Overseer said he was instructed to do so by Brooklyn. (This was in late 1980.) I sent each member a letter asking how they could fire someone who had already quit? At that time, the stigma of voluntary disassociation was not the same as disfellowshipping. My letters went out in January of 1981. I did not receive a reply, but the P.O. told me that this was considered an appeal of my disfellowshipping and about April I received a statement from the local congregation basically retracting the disfellowshipping. The letter said that since I had already resigned, the disfellowshipping action was unnecessary. They also announced the reversal to the local congregation. The victory was short-lived, however, for the September 15, 1981 WT came out equating voluntary disassociation with disfellowshipping. So, the WT had the last word after all.

hahaha..I wonder if you caused them to write that in 1981, or if it was happening all over and they had to move quick, for damage control?

lisa

• blondie
    blondie

I know of jws that had face to face meetings with GB members over a period of time that exchanged letters. I doubt that they will correspond with a complete stranger, jw or not.

Most letters are responded to if at all with form letters. Your letter(s) are also forwarded to the local BOE to respond to your "requests." They figure they know you and the "situation" better than they. On occasion the CO gets involved too if there are rogue elders or BOEs involved. Their sin is disobeying the organization. Better to be a pedophile than to go up against the organizational setup.

Blondie

• besty
    besty

My Dad when he was alive corresponded once or twice a year with John Barr.

Dad would send him a newsy letter with a small money gift and perhaps a calendar from Scotland - John is Scottish originally where he is known as Jack.

John would always write back - I think hand-written - it meant a lot to my Dad.

Also Mum and Dad visited him at Brooklyn in 2004 I think for half an hour or so.

SweetPea and I were staying at the same hotel for Twickenham - maybe 2003 or 2004 - as John and his wife Jean since died.. We were able to talk to him quite freely but there were a few heavies on hand. If only I'd known then what I know now I would have door-stepped him with a few more interesting questions. Nice enough old bloke though - seemed very genuine to us. Old blokes are like that though - they can get very sweet as they age.

PS - The hotel was The Petersham in Richmond - suitably comfortable but not ******.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I sent a letter to Bethel asking why the tennis player ?( forgot her name) -the famous one! could run around the field with the Flag after her win.We were told the flag was bad.a form of worship.!!!!!!!!!!
    ... Also how come they counselled my grand-daughter about dress unbecoming a Christian when she showed the cleavege in her graduation gown.... Yet the tennis player runs around the world half undressed? was there favorites?
    I received an answer that each congregation was responsible for their own counselling & D/F I should take it up with her congregation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We are drifting off topic but I once went on the Ministry with Jack Barr, just before he was invited to the Governing Body (Yes, I was young at the time) . I also found him to be a really warm and humble man (in demeanour anyway) I wonder if the years on the G B have changed him? Lots of Brits in Scotland and London have Jack Barr memories, he was active for a long time over here .

I have never written personally to a member of the G B. The last time I wrote up I received reply direct from Patterson but was not personally signed

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh yes it was the Williams Girl I wrote about

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit