Has anyone ever sent mail to the members of the Governing Body?

by What-A-Coincidence 19 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

if so, did you get a reply?

• zeroday
    zeroday

What's their email address I would love to send them one...

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

You mean they can actually read, and understand?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I once sent a letter to GB member Lloyd Barry requesting biographical information on J. F. Rutherford. However, I didn't get a personal reply. Just a form letter with the Watchtower rubber stamped signature.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Did you want to add them to your Christmas Card List?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

aude...no, but you gave me a great idea! thanks!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I wrote individual letters to each of the Governing Body after I found out I had been disfellowshipped for apostasy three months after the local congregation had announced that I had voluntarily disassociated myself. The Presiding Overseer said he was instructed to do so by Brooklyn. (This was in late 1980.) I sent each member a letter asking how they could fire someone who had already quit? At that time, the stigma of voluntary disassociation was not the same as disfellowshipping. My letters went out in January of 1981. I did not receive a reply, but the P.O. told me that this was considered an appeal of my disfellowshipping and about April I received a statement from the local congregation basically retracting the disfellowshipping. The letter said that since I had already resigned, the disfellowshipping action was unnecessary. They also announced the reversal to the local congregation. The victory was short-lived, however, for the September 15, 1981 WT came out equating voluntary disassociation with disfellowshipping. So, the WT had the last word after all.

• PEC
    PEC

They can read?

Philip

• Dagney
    Dagney

My g/f sent a letter to Sidlik (he visited our hall from time to time), complaining about a really bad CO. He did respond personally with a scripture, to continue forgiving one another and included a bunch of experiences.

• White Dove
    White Dove
    I doubt they answer very many personally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit