Will the GB get rid of the WBTS?

by jefferywhat 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

If I knew that I would be on the GB!!

I have a very good friend currently in the writing Dept. They all have alot of respect for TJ but realize he is resisting changes.

All of the changes last year, meeting times, 1935 and the generation he apparently was not thrilled about.

I know there are some more, including different media platforms,no details, but they are being rolled out slowly, and TJ is the speed hump.

A complete side point, was anyone in Bethel when the GB released a special address to the Bethel Family around 96?

• White Dove
    White Dove
    The stack of cards will fall when the $ finally runs out. You're right.
  • White Dove
    White Dove
    OOOps! Yeah, the FDS doesn't use the WTS but the GB does. Hmmm...house of cards will come down, still.
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The WTS will be continue to be used as is IBSA. If they would cease those organizations the Russellite Bible Students would take over the names.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The annual meetings - have they been done away with? You know, all members of the WT&TS, there were some hundreds of them, used to gather annually for a financial report and then they would elect or re-elect the Directors. This was advertised in the WT. Was this arrangement done away with when the GB stepped down as Directors?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Anyway, when we look at the various power struggles between the GB(FDS) and The WBTS over the last century, is it possible that the FDS will cease to use the WBTS as its legal tool and replace it?

The entire concept of a FDS is totally without basis, it is an illusion.

Each of the various "power struggles" that have taken place inside the WTS are done and over with. In the 1910's there where various members fighting for control of the Watchtower and Rutherford won, plain and simple.

Eventually there was a struggle between the Societies President and the Governing Body. This naturally was going to happen being that the previous presidents where quite powerful but Knorr created an atmosphere where the role of the President was diminished. Franz didn't like the effects of this and tried to stop it, but he couldn't do it. Eventually the Governing Body gained full control.

And this is where it will stay, the GB has full control and there really is no way it can be taken from them. The End.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

The end! Ha!

We dont know how it wil end!

But we know that the WBTS has just paid out nearly a million bucks to one of 9 abuse victims, even if we keep it conservative and assume they all got that amount, its still around 8 million, and thats just the start, france is chasing them for hundreds of millions.

It could happen in every country!

Im not suggesting that the individuals will be changed, just the all powerful name of the WBTS, it is the legal avenue that the GB use, it is entirely plausible and possible for them to cease trading under that name.

It would be interesting to find out who owns the printing presses and so on outside of New York City, it wouldn't surprise me to find out they are not under the name of WBTS.

Im looking at it from a business prospective, in 2000 they formed:

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, New York. Incorporated
    Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses, New York. Incorporated
    Kingdom Support Services, Incorporated, New York. Incorporated

And the Presidency was changed to non GB members, the GB look after the ones above, the WBTS is already being pushed aside, its not the end of the world Im proposing here, just another shift in org structure.

And I bet it has a lot to do with the money!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

It's not a radical idea to suggest that the governing body will look to protect their financial assets as much as possible. In fact, that's what they should do and it's what they have been doing. Rather than doing away with the WTBTS as their primary legal corporation, what I see in the future is further diversification. I think they will sell off more and more high-price Brooklyn real estate and use the proceeds from those sales to build newer properties oversees so as to protect those assets from coming under the jurisdiction of the U.S. courts. If they spread their assets out throughout the world, it will help protect them in the event of a huge wave of lawsuits in the U.S., or any other country, for that matter. I see them trying to divy up their assets as much as possible between several corporations in an attempt to shield at least part of those assets from lawsuits. I think they will enact policies to further distance themselves from what the local elders do. They will try to shift as much of the legal liability as possible on the local body of elders and the local congregations. I don't think they have to necessarily do away with the WTBTS as a legal corporation in order to protect their finances.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Just for fun, analyze from a business spreadsheet perspective what would happen if the Watch Tower Corporation got rid of Jehovah's Witnesses. :-)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Instead of Gary's suggestion, I was thinking that maybe the WBTS would get
    rid of the GB. They are an expense, they think they control things, they just
    get in the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit