Will the GB get rid of the WBTS?

by jefferywhat 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    I was thinking that maybe the WBTS would get rid of the GB. They are an expense, they think they control things, they just get in the way.

This is a very good point. I don't know the specifics of how the society's corporations are being run, but it seems to me that the boards of directors of the various corporations are filled with WT loyalists who take orders from the governing body, but what's to keep them from rejecting the governing body's dictates and making their own decisions? Theoretically, the men on the corporations' board of directors should take orders from the governing body, but I don't think the governing body has any legal authority over them. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't. My initial impression is that the governing body resigned from their seats on the boards in order to disconnect the non-profit corporations from the Jehovah's Witness policies that the GB sets. I see it as a move to shift the legal liability onto the governing body who don't control the legal corporation. If someone is able to legally hold the governing body liable for this or that policy, then the hope is that the defendant won't be able to reach the society's assets because the governing body doesn't sit on the board of directors of the corporations that legally own all of the religion's assets. They're trying to separate the policy makers from the legal owners of the religion's financial assets for legal reasons.

However, the governing body may have set the course for their eventual displacement. If a group of these men were to get together and secretly decide that the governing body has become corrupt and that they need to be replaced, there seems to be nothing preventing them from doing so. They could use their power over the purse strings to effect the changes they want. The governing body is a figurehead now. Their power rests upon their followers believing that they are God's special channel on Earth. If and when higher ups in position of power stop believing that, the governing body may well find itself out of commission.

I want to emphasize that I don't think that this is likely to happen, but it's definitely a possibility. These men that the GB has entrusted are lifetime loyalists who have attained their status because the GB views them as being unwaveringly loyal. However, if one or more of these men begins to get antsy over the continual delaying of Armageddon, they might begin to think that God has not brought his judgment because he's unhappy with the religion's leadership. Seeking a way to ensure that their hopes of Armageddon become fulfilled, they may become delusional enough to think that God has actually selected them and that He wants them to overthrow the governing body. Who knows? Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit