Where are the ex-bethelites?

by betty boop 37 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    i love walking the promenade in the summer

It's gorgeous.

Some great restaurants around the Bossert.

i hope you didnt eat alot of chicken there!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time I was there, they had started buying their poultry from other sources.

Maybe your "friend" had something to do with that?

LOL!

• White Dove
    White Dove
    Why, they are all in the Witness protection program, of course!
  • worf
    worf

nvrgnbk,

I found out about bethelites getting paid to do work during our Linden Blvd and 158th street kh duplex building project

in Jamaica Queens back in 1990-1991.

Worf

• abyss57
    abyss57

Well, I wasn't there during the dates you're looking or, but, I could go on for hours....as have other ex-Bethelites...I'm not exactly a true conformist...so it didn't take but a few MINUTES to understand that $ 14.00 does not buy a months worth of BEER....I was there in '69 - 72!/2 ...came in the week of the 'HOMO CLEAN-UP"....they missed a few!

One of the things I did there required me to go to EVERY Bethel office /Dept. in the home 4x a day and the factory 2x a day...Inter-dept correspondence, they called it...WOW! heard and saw a lot...also got alot of contacts for g-jobs...I kind of went overboard for outside work...I worked more hours outside than in...for a few years I averaged 119 hours a week!! Had 19 Bethelites working for me! I drove a '69 Mustang Boss 302...had NO bethel furmiture in my room....nice bar and living room furniture....NO BEDS!...Why SLEEP? when you can work?.. Anyway I'll spend some time in the future on some stories..( I was actually in the Writing Dept. delivering mail when Dunlap was arguing over the time lines WTBS was using and what he found)...Used to play basketball with Ray Franz...Was friends with Dan Sydlik...I still have a painting he did for me..Lots more in the future...gotta go to work!!!!!

• onacruse
    onacruse

abyss57, perhaps we crossed paths? I was there 69-70...the "homo cleanup" came about 3 months after I arrived.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Man oh man, what great stories these are. Look forward to more.

• tonic
    tonic

Brooklyn 94-96 I now actually live in the neighborhood and just had lunch a few doors down from the Bossert about a week ago. It's funny though, if you aren't working in Bethel, the JW presence in the 'hood is pretty imperceptible - and this area is the base of their world headquarters! I am glad I went to Bethel because it provided even more awareness that the J-Dubs were not "the truth."

• betty boop
    betty boop

So "g-jobs" are jobs done on the side. And those can include KH constructions? But who would be paying you?

Tonic thats cool you stayed in the neighborhood. Do you ever bump into anyone who knows you from bethel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit