Where are the ex-bethelites?

by betty boop 37 Replies latest jw friends

• betty boop
    betty boop

Hi Everyone, its Betty

I was just wondering if theyre are any bethelites who were in Brooklyn in the late 90's-2003? I knew a lot of guys there when I was still in the borg. Maybe I know someone who's on here?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Brooklyn 92/93

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

WKL 96-98

BRK 98-05

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Did any of you know the guy known as "Dark Man"?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nope.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

That's a negative

• betty boop
    betty boop
    NVRGNBK - did you know you were leaving the "truth" when you left bethel? or did the decision come after?
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    NVRGNBK - did you know you were leaving the "truth" when you left bethel? or did the decision come after?

It crossed my mind.

I saw enough to wake me up, bit I hung in there.

I played the typical JW mind-tricks on myself, reasoning that even thought there was much that was wrong with the organization, it was all a test of my loyalty to Jehovah.

So I totally immersed myself in "theocratic" activities.

Pioneering, working on Kingdom Hall projects and whatever else I was asked to help with.

But things that happened at Bethel, including troubling passages that I came across while doing the mandatory first year Bible-reading, stuck with me.

The decision to leave didn't come suddenly.

It was a culmination of things.

Uneasiness about judicial procedures, questions about the truthfulness of the Bible itself, doubts about doctrinal flip-flops, the realization that I would grow old and die, and finally the UN involvement all contributed to my exit.

There was much more too.

Basically, I knew that it wasn't the "truth".

And I was willing to bet my everlasting life on it.

• betty boop
    betty boop
    If you dont mind can you tell some of things you experienced. Like crazy things no one would ever know from the outside?
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    If you dont mind can you tell some of things you experienced. Like crazy things no one would ever know from the outside?

Are you a spy?

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit